How to cope with anxiety attacks?

Hera017

Hera017

I was with my boyfriend for 4 years then he broke up with me because we were young and stupid and didn't know how to handle so much love, it has been three years since we broke up, we talked in those years but stopped, last week I started talking to him again and we both still love each other we can't be with anyone else, but since we started talking again I've been having anxiety attacks all day, when I talk to him or with him I'm fine but when I'm not, I get anxiety thinking about the past and how I felt when he left or when we fought in the relationship, we stopped talking for 2 days but I didn't get better, please help me I don't know what's wrong with me, is this normal?

ReverieAnxiety

ReverieAnxiety

Hi Hera017!

So sorry to hear about what you're going through. It's definitely normal to worry about the past and it's hard not to think about it because the past affects us who we are today, but the past does not completely define us. Have you talked to your boyfriend about your anxiety? I think that's a great place to start. Please lemme know how things go!

-Reverie.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi there it does sound as if your focusing on the future and what could happen. Focus on the here and now and enjoy it for what it is. And talk to him . Tell him your fears and hopefully he can put them to rest. Don’t try to rush this. Take your time getting to know what each other wants and I’m sure you’ll be fine

GeorgeW

GeorgeW

You can try Breathing exercise for anxiety attacks like :
  • Breathe in as slowly, deeply and gently as you can, through your nose.
  • Breathe out slowly, deeply and gently through your mouth.
  • Some people find it helpful to count steadily from 1 to 5 on each in-breath and each out-breath.
  • Close your eyes and focus on your breathing.