• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How to cope with a World where dishonorable people seems to be always winning?

M

Molon Labve

Yeah of course this is one of that cases where one faces that kind of lifechanger bad experience, so I'll tell you mine (almost a clichè)

I was in a relationship for 12 years. Everything set to new place, took a 360 month mortgage. Sold my car both because we wouldn't need two cars as we needed the money for furniture.
Long story short I got replaced by a much older boss, with a history of domestic violence, drug abuse a child half my age and etc. Needless to say how it was a complete mayhem in my own universe. Even more because I struggled with social anxiety for most of my life, and for the first time was decided to leave any doubt or suspicion behind.

I'm pretty much an good Average Joe. I have a decent job, I'm very responsible person and as I heard often, i'm a very pleasant person as well.

The other guy as I said is a drug abuser, wife-beater and one of those crappy gvt employees.

So, more than my own tragedy I'm very sad looking the world around me and noticing how these kind of people, that are always ready to stab others in the back and do not give a single damn about who they'll harm are always getting stuff on life, and usually from people that are empathic and ethical with the others.

No need to say my ex was also a b... but apparently she's now quite happy and is even pregnant, but I thing you get what I meant.

beeyourselfkid

beeyourselfkid

Sorry to hear that bro. Apparently the number of narcs is increasing everywhere: narc epidemic.
I've had a good piece of share of those nasty people and still am. Like quite recently, 1/2 months ago I had to deal with crappy co-workers whom I thought wouldn't think were bad people, friggin 'stabbed' me. Ugh and it cause a rift in the workplace procedures, screw them. A bunch of monsters
Just know that youre a cool mofo and you're heaps better than those monsters. And don't let them change you at all! Keep going and live. Life is for living, enjoy it, cry, sleep, etc. Feel those emotions and feel pride for not succumbing to their horrible ways. Keep being you and showing the higher ground only those courageous enough can be at.

D

DC84

I have made this observation many times in personal relationships and in past jobs. It can almost feel like modern society is no place for a good guy. I am yet to discover whether or not this is the case, but I hope not. All you can do is continue to be yourself.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Like often attracts like. Maybe your ex wasn’t as great a person as she seemed to be. Being a good person I think is rough in general because our competitive economy often rewards and glorifies those with some of the worst qualities. If you are a good person it’s likely something we just have to suffer through because it’s been like this as long as mankind has been around and we can’t change our essential nature. It really sucks.

Mario82

Mario82

Former member
Yeah it's hard. The worst of all is veering to the dark side yourself after years of feeling bitter and angry about it. Like I heard in the TV show Gargoyles - 'integrity is never easy, it's a daily struggle'.

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

Easier said than done but don't compare yourself to others

Move on with your life

This has happened

An there isn't anything you can do

Look forward to the future

Look forward to gaining back what you lost in time

You could meet someone new

What wasn't meant for you will not stay

What is meant for you will come your way

In time this won't even seem like such a big deal when you have your new life