How to cope with a move

G

George10111

If you have time please read on I need some help. Thanks in advance.

This seems silly but please bare with me. I'm a 26 yr old living with his parents, who has had lots of financial hardships. Hospital bills, car repeatedly breaking down, etc. I have almost no money. My parents want to move out of state, away from everyone we know. A lot of our friends and family are beyond devastated. I for one am very devastated. We lived here at this house for 23+ years. Its going to be so hard to leave. I have many fond and priceless memories at this house and I love our town. Its absolutely perfect. I was hoping to bring my future kids and wife, if I have any, back to this house. They want to give our very old pets away. I just feel like they're being kind of selfish. I'm in the peak of my mental health crisis and this is the last thing I think I should be dealing with. I don't want to 'start somewhere new' when I'm not healthy and could possibly associate more bad memories and no good ones to a new house, new town and state. I want to at least get well so I don't have any depression attached.

I buy most of my own food, pay rent, do chores and help out. I'm not a freeloader and I work two part time jobs. I have literally nowhere else to go because I don't have real friends. All my 'friends' are abusive drug users. Been there done that. I lived with them for a little less then 2 weeks and I couldn't stand it, sleeping on the floor with only a hoodie, no privacy, 7-8 people sharing one room. It was a nightmare. this move has been really hard on me and has made my depression 5 times worse, and it was already pretty bad before. I'm not trying to sounds like a poor me sport but I'd already been dealing with a lot and been having suicidal thoughts. I don't want to tell them because they seem so excited. I just don't know what I"m going to do. My mom even said, we won't go until you're ready, but alas ship has set sailed. We're moving this summer/fall. On top of all the other crap I've been dealing with. They're only seeing the good things about this move. They are not realizing the mistake they could be making and seeing the possible bad things that could come of it. I love my parents but they're just not thinking straight. I already have disassociation issues and moving could really be traumatic at this point in my life, at least until I can get fully healthy again.

G

George10111

I hope to be out on my own in a few years if my luck starts to turn. I just need my car to not break down again. In 2017 I spent over three thousand dollars fixing the thing and if I would've known better I would've just bought a new car. Its one of those things where you don;t realize its too late until its too late.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi George sorry your struggling with your parents decision but they obviously see this as something good. Is the move because of work and a better standard of living. Unfortunately people moving is just what happens. You say your friends and family are devastated is it not possible for you to stay with them until you get a new job where your parents are moving to.