• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to Cope when You feel like You've Lost Everything.

P

PC96919

How do I get back on track after a set back? For years I coped with depression and anxiety using coping skills. But over the years with so many hard issues, it felt like it came crashing down in one day. I feel like the lights were on one day, and out the next, and I have no idea how to cope. I feel like i lost everything, my family, my friends, my interests...there's nothing left. This has taken everything away from me.

N

New467

It can be very hard . But not knowing why you are in this position is hard to know. I went through a very very bad time felt I had lost everything in life and it was dreadful painful too . While standing at the shore of the sea a thought came across my mind why I don’t know imagine this whole sea became dried up and it was endless water . We can’t imagine . I became grateful for everything I had the worst hadn’t happened it can’t be imagined .

P

PC96919

I can feel it, I feel remnants of what I used to be, and try to get back to where I was. It feels like each time I try, a vivid reminder of past events comes to mind, and I am right back down again.
I am ashamed of my feelings, scared that no one will understand. I feel like those that were close to me, feel like I've shunned them, when all I want is their love and support. I remember being so grateful for everything, I was proud of that. I felt free to be me, now i'm locked in a shell.

I know I can get there, but I'm just struggling to find the right path. It started after an event that happened last year, when I was overwhelmed at everything, moving, loss of a loved one, a natural disaster, husband having surgery. I think I took out my frustration on a family member, and I feel so bad. I feel like with that one moment, I lost my confidence.
I think I know what it is, but I don't know how to fix it. They don't want to talk to me like before and it breaks my heart. Its been almost about a year and I'm still lost. This is my struggle, with relationships. They mean everything to me. I need to have that one support system, and I am pushing them away.
I need to believe that things will get better, and I can see for what it really is. I know I am seeing things wrong.