• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how to approach for help

B

becca1995

So after years of personal issues (depression, self harm, eating disorders, anxiety) I have finally decided to approach someone for help. With my final A-level exams approaching, I felt things quickly getting too much and as much as I don't want to, I recognise I need help. This is a big deal for me as I've never reached out before. I approached only supportive teacher I felt I had and she is aware that I want to speak but in my own time. She came up to be again today and I think we have arranged to meet tomorrow morning. I am terrified and have no idea what to say.I am petrified of the idea of getting professional help and I am don't know what will come out of this. I don't know how she is going to react or what to tell her. Also the last thing I want is my parents involved, however as I'm 19 I think this can be avoided. I just need help with letting go and just telling someone.

Kerome

Kerome

I think that's really courageous of you. I would prepare for the meeting by rehearsing in my mind what I wanted to say, kind of having the conversation in my head before I ever met the person (and then later I'd find that during the actual conversation id use chunks of the rehearsal as actual speech, it's a good trick).

I hope it goes well! :hug:

B

becca1995

I think that's really courageous of you. I would prepare for the meeting by rehearsing in my mind what I wanted to say, kind of having the conversation in my head before I ever met the person (and then later I'd find that during the actual conversation id use chunks of the rehearsal as actual speech, it's a good trick).

I hope it goes well! :hug:
Thank you. I've been trying to figure out what to say in my head but I've never ever spoken to anyone face to face about personal issues and even when I reached out the first time, I froze with nerves. I'm also concerned incase she takes this further, I am scared of her getting more professional help. I'm not sure what I am expecting out of this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Butterfly_girl People 9
midnightphoenix People 30