• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How on earth do I stop feeling suicidal about being single?

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

I am brand new here...just joined tonight but I saw your message and I want to tell you that your concerns are the same as mine were. I am very much older now and way past even wanting to be in a relationship but when I look back at all the time I spent worrying that I would never find anyone, I realize that time was important to my future self.

Each one of those lonely days was a day I was growing stronger if only by the smallest, tiniest bit. I didn't know it then (and would have been really upset if anyone suggested I "enjoy" my time alone!) But, those days helped me to build a future life I would love. But first, I would end up having three marriages that ended in divorce (which had a great deal to do with my BPD, my thinking, and in choosing the men I did. I live alone now and simply can't imagine giving any of my time to a man (even if it was someone I loved.) So, try not to panic, you can't know how this time will impact your future years. And someday, you just might be glad you had this time.
Love this 🙂

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B I had to stop therapy and im looking for some guidance Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
O I messed up and I can't stop the guilt Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Sunshine79 I cannot stop the thoughts that my husband is cheating Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
D 'Stop feeling sorry for yourself' Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 33
Nutsy Anyone around? I'm just starting to slump and I can't stop it. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 24
LittleMissNameless Why did you stop taking your meds? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 29
B How do you get someone to stop being your favourite person? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
Volbe How to stop overreacting when you know it doesn't make sense? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
bpdgirl I can't stop cheating Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
Connorisnotokay I get drunk ever day, I can't stop Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
S how to stop from hurting those I love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
D How to stop BPD ruining another relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
K How to stop being so paranoid/controlling/jealous Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
L How to stop expecting that the worst scenarios will happen? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
D "Stop feeling sorry for yourself"... what? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 85
Luci Stop the anger! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
O Help me stop walking on eggshells! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
D Don't know how to stop Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
S Scared and trapped - can't stop thinking about suicide Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
D Stop the ride I wanna get off!!! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
mami5 Please Stop!! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 40
G Stop blaming me Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
RainbowHeartz medication I'm gonna stop slowly Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
A I can't stop thinking about suicide, a bit less during the early afternoon but it intensifies at night. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
B cant stop thinking about sex ?.... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 24
M I want the pain to stop! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
Hayyyleyyy I need to stop :@ Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
lonely84 can't stop crying Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
D Feeling awful Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
B Feeling suicidal Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
S Feeling low Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Fairy Lucretia i get the feeling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
B Feeling suicidal /overwhelmed Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
A Feeling tired today? Daysleeping? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
B Feeling overwhelmed Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
F Feeling strange Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
I Feeling I am a mistake Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 21
calmleaves Attached too fast and the feeling lost so fast as well. How do you handle it? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
D Feeling of consistent emptiness. Did you solve it or how do you cope with it? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 22
soulsearcher feeling down, paranoid and anxious 😰 Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
Z Feeling like your not you Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
soulsearcher feeling really down and depressed Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
B Do you get this feeling sometimes? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Signofthetimes Feeling angry and sad, but tired blankets everything. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
B Feeling Numb Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Fairy Lucretia not feeling well Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
S Identity, splitting and feeling toxic Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
B Feeling like I'm close to breaking Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
O Constantly feeling the need to go into crisis units. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 24
L Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6