• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how old were you when you got ill??

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i was 16-17 my first symptom was hearing voices what were yours?diddy

I

IntrospectionFtw!

yh somewhere around 16-17 i think.

i always had mental health problems even before the drug induced psychosis i guess you could call me a "problem child"...i wish id opened up about my problems earlier.

Last edited:
keepsafe

keepsafe

I self harmed from a very early age - I was aware I was ill from 11 onwards

Wendy

Wendy

I first sharmed when I was 12 the breakdown was later in my twenties
wendy x:clap:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I would have said at a guesstimate I forst became depressed aged 8/9... bullied constantly kinda contributed.. Gived anti d's at 19. but then not properly treated.. eg psychiatrist, therepy and medication til I was 26

A

Ainsworth

voices started when i was 8 years old, i say 8 because i know i was very young at the time, depression at 12, but again that could of started before :confused:

D

dropdeadkid

I started to get ill about 6 months ago, and I've been staying in a mental health unit for the past 3 months since I was diagnosed with schitzophrenia. I started to get ill when I was fourteen, and I'm fifteen now.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
so many different answers! i was interested because in the diagnostic catorgories mine was early for a woman just goes to show were all different. thanks for your replies diddy:cool:

SimonB

SimonB

I remember things from when I was four/five...hard to say when things started...they just unfolded.

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

My voices started around aged 8/9 i became very anxious, scared people where coming to take me away, kill my family.

I was involved in a car accident where the car causght on fire and we were trapped in the car (childlocks on the doors) ended up being dragged out through the drivers door, very traumatic, refused to sit in the back of a car, became panicky and scared whenever someone tried to force me to sit in the back of a car. I was diagnosed with PTSD due to the accident.

I started getting depressed around the same time, triggered by my parents divorce, and being abused. Ive had depressive episodes since then.

I developed Bulimia as a teen and recovered in my early twenties. Im now fully recovered from Bulimia.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
go delta!!! recovering from bulimia you sure have been through a lot you desaerve some happiness now diddy:cool:

M

Meshuggah

Diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was 26 after a few months of psychotic symptoms.

Last edited: