• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How often does your mood change?

M

Manic16

Just curious how often you guys experience mood changes between being depressed, happy or at least neutral, to being in a manic state. I have an appointment with the doctor coming up I might be getting in my own head a little bit but I feel like within any given day or couple days, I can go from being completely fine in the morning too depressed by the Late morning in manic by the afternoon. This is not every day but it’s frequent enough. And then certain times I could be depressed for like a handful of days or weeks without feeling really manic. My emotions are really all over the board and I can’t make sense of any of it. Also curious if anybody has found something like Adderall to help them keep focus at work but it still maintain some of an appetite, I need to address this with the doctor because I can’t focus on my work when my mood is bouncing all around or if something sets me off but I don’t know if I’m willing to sacrifice my appetite for it.

Thank you in advance

O

Orangeade

Just curious how often you guys experience mood changes between being depressed, happy or at least neutral, to being in a manic state. I have an appointment with the doctor coming up I might be getting in my own head a little bit but I feel like within any given day or couple days, I can go from being completely fine in the morning too depressed by the Late morning in manic by the afternoon. This is not every day but it’s frequent enough. And then certain times I could be depressed for like a handful of days or weeks without feeling really manic. My emotions are really all over the board and I can’t make sense of any of it. Also curious if anybody has found something like Adderall to help them keep focus at work but it still maintain some of an appetite, I need to address this with the doctor because I can’t focus on my work when my mood is bouncing all around or if something sets me off but I don’t know if I’m willing to sacrifice my appetite for it.

Thank you in advance
I often feel this way! I have bpd

K

keith74

@Manic16 there are different types of bipolar. Sounds like you could have ultra rapid cycling bipolar:

Note that ADHD medication can contribute to rapid cycling.