• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

how much is in our heads???????

M

messed-up

Is it normal to be so paranoid about friends etc or is it part of being sick.

I don't have many friends, can count them on 1 hand. The 1 person I felt closest to (thought she sort of understood me) has sent a msg to another friend, but sent it to my phone by accident, and she had made a comment about me.

Ever since then I have been on a rollercoaster, not that I ever thought I could trust anyone, but she was different.
Why do I keep getting attached to people only to push them away anyway.

She apologised and said she regrets saying it and tryed to say it was because she didn't like the way my OH treats me , no excuse.
I can't bring myself to talk to her incase I break down or having to put on a front.
I wish I could be normal and not care, but it's all I think about :mad:

Neferakhet

Neferakhet

Is it normal to be so paranoid about friends etc or is it part of being sick.

I don't have many friends, can count them on 1 hand. The 1 person I felt closest to (thought she sort of understood me) has sent a msg to another friend, but sent it to my phone by accident, and she had made a comment about me.

Ever since then I have been on a rollercoaster, not that I ever thought I could trust anyone, but she was different.
Why do I keep getting attached to people only to push them away anyway.

She apologised and said she regrets saying it and tryed to say it was because she didn't like the way my OH treats me , no excuse.
I can't bring myself to talk to her incase I break down or having to put on a front.
I wish I could be normal and not care, but it's all I think about :mad:
It is part of our nature to be suspicious among lots of other attributes we possess.In practice if you keep on suspecting and digging deep into true motives of a person,chances are that you are going to unearth some dirt.

Having mh issues or not lots of people wear masks even when with or without friends,and all of us are capable of talking behind someone's back,not telling them what we truly think about them,we may act like we don't despise them but in fact we do,or we may even involve in petty or bigger schemes towards a person without them knowing.

The reason I'm telling you this..Do try to understand such actions can be expected.In your case I can understand that you are upset about whatever comment your friend made about you and sent it via text message..That's perfectly normal...

My suggestion is if you have somehow started to develop paranoid thinking patterns-especially after that particular incident do try to stop thinking that way.Because you may find yourself too accustomed to it and then you can have no decent form of relationship..since paranoid thinking is really destructive when the case is human relationships.

Also as a sidenote being normal or not is irrelevant but in most situations(obligatory duties excluded) NOT caring is the key and the best way to solving most obsessive thinking related issues.It may work if you try to persuade and counsel yourself that this incident and person is not worth caring about and it means nothing.

Last edited:
J

just.me

Im paranoid about everyone who am close to.

Do they really want to see me?
Did they really do what they said?
They said they would be here today, will they, bet they come up with an excuse not to.

And the list is endless.

T

The "Great" Depression

Lately i've become fairly reclusive and don't see my friends often, i don't like to seem too desperate or needy. I feel it's partly due to me feeling paranoid about what they really think of me, it's difficult to discuss the situation because its often too deep or awkward and often find myself lying about where i've been all this time. I think you can only truly understand and have empathy if you have had depression at some point.