• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How much do I have to tolerate?

M

Mexis

I am lying in bed, extremely fatigued and feeling strapped tightly to a magnet, unable to do almost anything, with occasional severe stomach pain. I'm waiting to get my own home so I can move away from my parents, but that is six months from now, which feels way too long. How much do I have to tolerate? Do I have to wait six months to get help against my illness?

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm so sorry you are in that horrible situation. Please go to the hospital if your stomach gets worse. I can't wait till 6 months is up for you. 🤗

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Please call 111 or 999 if in the UK a dr needs to evaluate you. Please phone emergency services if live elsewhere.
Hope you feel better very soon.

M

Mexis

Please call 111 or 999 if in the UK a dr needs to evaluate you. Please phone emergency services if live elsewhere.
Hope you feel better very soon.
I firmly believe I've never been adequately evaluated. The only thing they've done is take blood tests and rule out physical illnesses. Nobody's sure what's going on, so my doctor works under a hypothesis (that it's somehow related to my ASD). I'm supposed to wait at least 6 months to move away from my parents to my own home before getting into serious treatment.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, have you tried the complaints process? Are you on any meds for your stomach pains etc?
You shouldn't have to wait six months.

M

Mexis

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, have you tried the complaints process? Are you on any meds for your stomach pains etc?
You shouldn't have to wait six months.
When I was at the emergency room last week I explained to the doctors that I felt very fatigued and nauseous. They then asked me "is it the stomach that's the problem?" and I said "yes, and I feel very fatigued too", as if they only cared about my stomach concerns.

It might be to go down that road. I feel that face-to-face or voice-to-voice interactions with members of healthcare don't give them the connection to my situation that they need to take my concerns seriously. Sure, my parents may be getting in the way of my recovery since I deal with them and are around them on a daily basis, but that doesn't mean I have to wait 6 months to get my own home to start treatment. Everything is progressing slowly at mental healthcare. Either they let me go with an anti-depressant or they do this to me.