• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How much can you handle in one year?

A

Alicefell

At the start of the year I was told I have a hereditary disease. Basically it's like diabetes for triglycerides. I'm 5'2 118 lbs all of my blood work is perfect but my triglycerides were up to 900. I can't have sugar or carbs. Okay so just change my lifestyle.. I have to be on meds because I'm at risk of having a heart attack or stroke

February a close friend killed himself..

March my cousin gets a bacterial infection in his eye that's immune to antibiotics so they have to remove his eye and part of his brain.

April I find out my husband has been having an emotional affair with a co-worker. He moves out from April 19- May 8. Moves back in with a divorce attorney on retainer but tells me he doesn't want to get a divorce and signs us up for marriage counseling.

July my mom goes into the ICU. She has respiratory failure and they intubate her. I've been estranged from my family for 10 years but now I have to step up and take control of the situation. The doctors tell me she's already dead. A week later they remove the machine breathing for her and she breaths on her own but spends another month in the ICU. I spend 12 hours a day at the hospital helping take care of her.

Last month my therapist and psychiatrist told me I'm on the spectrum for schizophrenia

Last Monday I caught my husband cheating. I find out it's been going on for 7 months.

My daughter overheard us. She feels betrayed by her father and she's glued to my hip.

I feel numb. How much can one person take in year?

LukeLaLaLand

LukeLaLaLand

Hi Alice. I'm really sorry you're going through all this. It sounds really tough. How old is your daughter? Do you have people you can confide in?

When I'm going through a tough time I try to focus on the next upcoming thing I'm looking forward to. It can just be something simple, like going to the cinema, spending time with friends etc. Then, I plan something else to look forward to. It's nice to have something to focus on.

A

Alicefell

I going back to college in the fall. I'm focusing on that. For now I'm helping my mother and my daughter. My mother suffers from panic attacks about dying. She cries every day.

My daughter suffers from not trusting her father and not wanting to be alone with him. I have a one on one scheduled with my marriage counselor to discuss her knowing and how to tell my husband. I feel like he should know. It should not be a secret and I've discussed it with her. She feels safe with me doing this.

I look forward to there being no secrets. I look forward to helping my mother recover. I look forward to Locke and key coming out on Netflix. I look forward to starting my education.

But right now I do feel numb. Thank you for the feedback.

N

Nukelavee

No matter how much is going on, take the time every day to settle your thoughts a bit. Don't think of everything as one giant problem, look at it as a pile of smaller ones, and maybe you can fix a small one to give yourself a bit more room to breath.

Eleison

Eleison

I just wanted to send you some support.