• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How many years have you been hearing voices for.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
If I gave into his demands unconditionally he'd see it as a weakness on my part and he'd never reciprocate with kindness. I'm still trying the 'firm hand' approach, I've only been doing this for four years, it may take more time which I've got plenty of.

EdEd

EdEd

I've only had voices for about 4 years.. I kinda use the same strategy you do almost. But there are times when , before I heard voices , I would talk to myself... now instead of talking to myself I'll engage the voices in conversation momentarily then go back to my business.. so I use the voices kinda like a buffer.. sometimes I'll ask if I took my medicine and they wont know and I'll be like:" What good are ya?"

OCDguy

OCDguy

I can't help but think there must be a way to find some peaceful common ground...

Memememememememe

Memememememememe

I have tried telling my hallucinations to go away and to ignore them but they're such bullies that of course they don't listen

K

karl7

i started hearing voices when i was 24.....i had a psychotic episode then.....i recovered quickly with some anti psychotics, but then at 26 i got schizophhrenia......it has been a battle all right......but meds did help in the end, im now on 800mg quetiapine and 20mg olanzapine

T

TyFence

1971 or before. It’s been a constant battle. But are Little quieter and less frequent. I can control them more. In 2001 they were out of control. Then something happened.

C

CoffeecupnoMug

For me around 2012. They always asking no tell. Hurts me deep down. But that’s just the decipherment...begging me to ask the question again.

C

CoffeecupnoMug

1971 or before. It’s been a constant battle. But are Little quieter and less frequent. I can control them more. In 2001 they were out of control. Then something happened.
You found the light... no shine through? Thru? Ut oh not Wendy’s.

C

CoffeecupnoMug

If I gave into his demands unconditionally he'd see it as a weakness on my part and he'd never reciprocate with kindness. I'm still trying the 'firm hand' approach, I've only been doing this for four years, it may take more time which I've got plenty of.
Firm hand no approach is gorgeous. That’s like omnipotence without a bid and we always making up. Taste like ripple.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Going on 30 years now 😞 im getting old