• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

how many of you take 2 or more antidepressants to treat SAD??

J

justanotherone97

is anyone of you taking more than 1 antidepressant to treat SAD? what are the best for SAD?

S

ssMarilyn

is anyone of you taking more than 1 antidepressant to treat SAD? what are the best for SAD?
SAD and/or depression is a symptom of something that is wrong in our body. We need to find out what is wrong and treat that, rather than just treat the symptoms. I take D3, plus read an article that said turmeric gets better results for people with depression and has zero side effects. I take 800 mg turmeric a day. I do need a light box though, to deal with the SAD that pops up on cloudy days. My SAD is not as bad as it used to be and I have never taken a prescribed drug for it and never will. :)

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

no antidepressant is good for SAD

you need three things (ive had SAD all my life)

1. get outside
2. vitamin D supplements (get your levels checked folks, mine were lower than an ants belly :()
3. exercise

if you do the above religiously every day you wont get SAD.

Ive just had my first ever SAD free winter. :dance:

S

ssMarilyn

Yes, I left the most important part out.. get outside and get some fresh air and sun as much as you can! It also helps me when I get on the treadmill and get my blood moving!