• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

how many of you have lost friends due to sz

T

tmont

Because of stupid visions, I lost my facebook passwords and phone number seven years ago, and had to move to another state. That’s too long without social contact! It’s making me crazy, like being in detention for too long.

R

Rhino187

none of my friends were loyal.....i got sz at 26 and not a dicky bird came to visit me.....it casues some resentment......they are all married now and not one of them invited me to their weddings....i think im better off without them
Hi Karl7,Yes you realize who your real friends are when they find out. Keep positive.

D

dml

My son lost all his friends when he was diagnosed at 17. He says he has friends but they are all internet friends, not real friends. I feel he is very depressed and lonely and wants friends but when his life is such a rollercoaster of in and out of hospital, its hard for him to make any.

L

lifecangetbetter

Taking a break
I had four friends that I considered close to me. We all don't talk. A few are partly my fault cause I can hold a grudge like no other

Z

Zuiese

none of my friends were loyal.....i got sz at 26 and not a dicky bird came to visit me.....it casues some resentment......they are all married now and not one of them invited me to their weddings....i think im better off without them
Hi there, thanks for posting this, TBH this is very common within our VH experiences and not something that is your fault or as a result of you becoming unwell. As it's universal to us all, it's also something that becomes less of an issue as you get older in your 20's or early 30s it might sting a little, past that you get less attached to the pop-up book people.

L

lifecangetbetter

Taking a break
I'm most resentful of my schizophrenic friend that stopped talking to me. We had the same hallucinations and everything. It's bullshit. She even deserted her family. Fuck her.

L

llittlelostlady

I got schizophrenia at 42 but I have not had anyone since I was 25. I am used to it. Being autistic helps as I have a very low social drive .... I just wish I could find a life mate to be with

L

llittlelostlady

I am 45 now...20 years is a long time to be alone

I am sweet but no one wants me and I don't seem to be able to love them

K

kVROB

I think in realty I have caused most of the breakups w friends. Not knowing for so long I had Schizoaffective disorder most likely played a roll in some of the closest breakup because of paranoia or believing they were talking behind my back. I never really had a big group of friends, I never fit in. I did have a few that were like sisters, still miss them today. I do know it was my behavior that caused the issues, I’m ok w that today but sometimes wish I could go back to them and explain why I acted odd.

K

kVROB

I got schizophrenia at 42 but I have not had anyone since I was 25. I am used to it. Being autistic helps as I have a very low social drive .... I just wish I could find a life mate to be with
I have very similar feelings, my social drive is about the same. I used to love to go out and be around others but now I don’t like to be around too many people at once, even going grocery shopping can be hard to do and sometimes overwhelming

Z

Zuiese

Because of stupid visions, I lost my facebook passwords and phone number seven years ago, and had to move to another state. That’s too long without social contact! It’s making me crazy, like being in detention for too long.
TBH its life doing you a flavor.