• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

how many of you have lost friends due to sz

U

user1996

I haven't lost my friends because I haven't told them I have schizophrenia. I told the closest friends that I have some illness of the head which destroys my brain and nothing more. They just feel sorry for me. And I try not to meet less close friends because I don't want to tell lies to everyone so that the truth may be revealed. So far, my plan works.

yourethebest

yourethebest

I don't think they knew that I'm schizophrenic tho but they thought that I acted so weird. My closest friends then slowly abandoned me and also badmouthed me. I don't keep in touch with them anymore, but I found few true friends. 💛

B

Braveheart

I've just lost a friend of mine, because I didn't believe in her handling the truth about my symptoms. I probably decided while we were having dinner, that I might lose her.

She have texted me 3 days after dinner and ask me "how are you feeling now?" I didn't respond to her message. She stopped speaking to me ever since.

a lot of my friends and ex-friends don't know nothing about my symptoms.
Hi folks....please do forgive my question, can you tell me what schizophrenia is like/ feels like
Thanks

L

lookin4fambam

I haven't lost my friends because I haven't told them I have schizophrenia. I told the closest friends that I have some illness of the head which destroys my brain and nothing more. They just feel sorry for me. And I try not to meet less close friends because I don't want to tell lies to everyone so that the truth may be revealed. So far, my plan works.
I think it would have been better if I have stuck to my guns and haven't said anything to her, and to some other friends. I may have ruined our friendship.

soul searching

soul searching

The only people who know about my sz are my son and his friend. They actually helped me figure out what was wrong with me. Haven't told anybody else yet.

L

lookin4fambam

hey guys..just an update

i have a few friends from way back that I consider to be my best of friends. I wouldn’t tell them until I have it under control with my antipsychotic medication.

N

natalie

Whilst I was going through a big relocating move, back in 1995, and also whilst growing up more, I had lost a lot of friends from within my corner, alt hough I don't think necessarily, it wasn't due to my szchiophrenia though.

These years, and or itmight be recommended to me, I happily make do, by having arrangements made for a lined up Befriender.

T

tmont

I had to find out that my old best friend and my dad are schizophrenia causers, and that they work for the devil.

L

Lab rat

My friends are all on drugs. They wouldn’t care if I beheaded the queen.

floater

floater

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Three down the years albeit not recently being out the MH community loop....and living as a hermit more or less these days.

S

squizofrenia123

After I dropped out of high school, an acquaintance I once knew at school committed suicide. It was not because of me but I realized she was not doing well either. She was found in the dorm bathtub dead. I was sad about it for awhile. Her memories still haunt me.

Funnyday

Funnyday

I've lost friends. When they found out that I was diagnosed with it. They set me adrift. I've only got one friend now. He has Schizoaffective disorder. So is not judgemental about me. I met him in the hospital.

S

squizofrenia123

I lost all of my acquaintances from childhood and school but am gaining friends who share the illness. Like I said, my childhood was messed up. Now, I am doing better but still people who don't have the illness when they do find out have a tendency to run away from me.

EdEd

EdEd

I lost all of my acquaintances from childhood and school but am gaining friends who share the illness. Like I said, my childhood was messed up. Now, I am doing better but still people who don't have the illness when they do find out have a tendency to run away from me.
Same here , I made more friends who share the illness.. and lost my childhood and school acquaintances.