• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

how many of you have lost friends due to sz

K

karl7

none of my friends were loyal.....i got sz at 26 and not a dicky bird came to visit me.....it casues some resentment......they are all married now and not one of them invited me to their weddings....i think im better off without them

P

pigeons

Whats sz like?

K

karl7

sz is a living nightmare when it first hits you.....honestly when i first had it it was awful, that wsa when i was 26, im 44 now and find sz still tough

P

pigeons

Im old with my conditions as well

Passionflower

Passionflower

I haven't lost my most important friend and I live with her to this day. She is very supportive. I did lose 2 other friends though, but I wasn't that bothered by that.

M

Metalman5

I have schizophrenia and years ago I told my best friend and nearly lost him.

he was afraid and extremely worried. It has now been many years but, we are still friends and his father recently hugged me and declared that I am family.

however,I have lost everyone else, people I have told and many that I have not. The stigma of mental illness is harsh. I can sympathize with you.

cheers I hope things improve,metalman5

T

Thelma27

I have lost all my friends it just proves they were not my true friends

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

I have friends and acquaintances. The friends stuck by me even when they were scared for and of me. The acquaintances weren’t worth trying to keep, but oddly once I got through the rough times, one came back. I don’t know if I’d say she is a friend so much as a good acquaintance.

T

Thelma27

I don't mind i enjoy my company and I feel more at peace with myself

W

WH433

I have retained what I find a surprising amount of friends despite my episodes. Not all of them, and I don’t have many friends, but there is definitely a few people who witnessed me at my agitated paranoid worst that have stuck around- I am grateful for them.
Don’t get many visits at hospital because I tell everyone to go away when I’m bad.

EdEd

EdEd

I didnt really have the best choices in friends prior to Schizophrenia.. so the losses were hurtful at first but I was able to move on and be a stronger better person from that point.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

I have. More than a few times.

Thinks take time. And most people just don't understand.

We may be hurting. ...

But.

We are.... Healing...

L

lookin4fambam

I've just lost a friend of mine, because I didn't believe in her handling the truth about my symptoms. I probably decided while we were having dinner, that I might lose her.

She have texted me 3 days after dinner and ask me "how are you feeling now?" I didn't respond to her message. She stopped speaking to me ever since.

a lot of my friends and ex-friends don't know nothing about my symptoms.