• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how many of you believe in God? anybody lost God to schizophrenia?

F

fluffpill

I think i lost god to schizophrenia. I used to feel him i was very close to him but then acute psychosis happened and gradually i lost all my faith in God and everything just became a big confusion and i am still not feeling God like before even though it has been almost 2 years since treatment.

Most of the reasons why i "felt" God were psychotic. Delusions and hallucinations and increased religiosity due to psychosis.

On Fire

On Fire

Without medication (Aripiprazole antipsychotic) I believe in God quite strongly, but with medication I don't tend to believe. I just believe in science instead.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

I do believe.

I prayed all through therapy.

And thanked God after recovery.

I pray this helps.

God bless.

B

belmo

ask God what is the point in all this and why the universe has to be so large - there is no God - he would stop all this long time ago - there is no such thing like nothing so everything is nothing - its the same thing - plus and minus - one can not exist without the other - where did it come from? - from nothingness that divided itself - SOURCE - Big BanG - + -

wollie

wollie

I believe in god my religion has been strech thin at times but I have held on and think he is helping me.

N

Nate

I think i lost god to schizophrenia. I used to feel him i was very close to him but then acute psychosis happened and gradually i lost all my faith in God and everything just became a big confusion and i am still not feeling God like before even though it has been almost 2 years since treatment.

Most of the reasons why i "felt" God were psychotic. Delusions and hallucinations and increased religiosity due to psychosis.
I struggle with my spiritual life, the meds give me apathy and indifference. I believe in God but I'm not feeling close to him. I believe the illness has effecting me.

EdEd

EdEd

I go to church , but I personally dont believe in God.. but I believe religious lessons can be extremely beneficial... as a lot of the lessons are pretty good.. or atleast the ones I've been hearing lately. Religion appears to present a very good structure to live by in most cases... in my personal opinion.

EarthChild

EarthChild

After my first few years of illness I went into remission and found God. Then as I relapsed about six years later my devotion grew less. Now eight years later I am struggling. But I don't want to let go of my faith because it still comforts me.

N

Notalwaysever

I never believed in god much except when I was very young so I am not sure the illness is responsible for me not believing. Lately I have been feeling like the medication as destroyed my soul though, anything in me that made me special or creative is just gone.

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

I used to believe and maybe I still do on some level.

While in the depths of psychosis I prayed to be healed and read the scriptures a manic number of times. Nothing came of it. I didn’t get relief until the medication.

I feel/felt abandoned by God, and have somehow concluded this is proof He doesn’t exist. I’m not entirely sure I still believe that.

There is a story in the book of Daniel about a king who is so proud and arrogant that the Lord sentences him to seven years of madness where he lives like a beast of the field and eats nothing but grass until he is redeemed and regains his sanity.

So I have gone whole food plant based and eat a lot of salad. My thinking is maybe I will be cured too. Based on that I must still have some bit of faith, but I am unsure of a lot these days.:(

Linda1989

Linda1989

Same here, every time I stop taking my meds my faith in god gets stronger. I still don't know if the hallucinations and hearing voices were real. The good thing is I know I'm sick, 5 years ago I thought I was demon possess what cause me to go in and out of the hospital.

K

Keesha

I believe in God our creator however I’m not religious since religion is a man made interpretation of God, in my opinion

Ras

Ras

i grew up with tales of Norse Gods and Mythology not Christian beliefs like is the norm here i suppose.
I like the stories from Norse Mythology and believed it all when younger but i have never been a big believer in religion as i got older.
I now just cant believe in things that has no evidence to support it being real.

That is just me though and i dont judge anyone that does believe in whatever religion. Each to their own.

R

Rebeca1

I used to believe in God until space ghosts got into my body who are killing our tiny spirit embryos off after death so they don't get done by the real spirit ghost lead universal government from outer space for illegally making bodies out of spirit mist and visions.
The female space ghost in my body that owns the earth as it is registered in her name as her house in space who said she crushes human ghost embryos to death up in the ozone or spirit mist who has killed women and children in bodies keeps passing through my head as to kill my spirit I go a blur I don't know how long I will last.
They believe in space what you sing can happen so please sing the space ghosts who are killing our spirits off have absconded and sing for me sing I live forever. Sing for yourself too.