• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How many of you been living with depression over 5 years ?

M

mdddd

I ask this to meet people who have been with this problem since long time, specially people over 27 old.

I really want to talk with people. When I enter to this forum I read about people with problems, and its ok, I understand some people really post to ask for help, advices, problems to resolve, etc.

But what I want is to meet people who also have depression, and talk. I really miss to have a conversation.

P

Purpleplum

I could add a lot of years to 5.

sunset547544

sunset547544

We could do with a random spinner for lighthearted conversation topics!

wollie

wollie

I have been a depressive scince 2008 mdddd

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

I'm 41 and have struggled with the depression for as far as I can remember.

nonblondLA

nonblondLA

43, first episode at 18. At this point, I feel like depression makes me depressed... like it's hard to feel hopeful if you know that you're just going to check out again and be unable to finish what you started. And then the hopelessness makes it hard to see the point of seeking treatment, particularly when so many treatments (therapy, drugs, etc.) haven't worked.

For whatever reason I'm pretty good at remaining functional even when I feel awful, as long as there's some kind of structure and other people are expecting something of me. So that generally puts me in the dysthymia category, though I've also had several months-long episodes of MDD.

The only thing I can point to that consistently makes me feel better is exercise. It often takes me hours to get myself to do it, and sometimes I can only get as far as putting on the gym clothes. But when I can it does help. I am trying to think of it as a keystone habit to get vigorous exercise 2-3 times a week even if I get almost nothing else done.

I

Ian Haines

I recently heard depression described as the INABILITY TO CONSTRUCT A FUTURE! After 50 years of mental illness, I can honestly say that that simple description is the best I've ever seen!

Passionflower

Passionflower

40 years off and on.

J

JCPraha

I have had depression for 30 years. Sometimes worse than others. Meds helped for a long time but stopped working. Now it is quite bad. I am treatment resistant at this point. It is quite difficult, to say the least.

madmark

madmark

me me me me ive been posting on here for many years look up my thread and have a read i post all good and bad

Lizaje

Lizaje

What can I say? It's a......way of life? :unsure: