• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How many friends do you have on this forum?

B

Blackrose09

Just curious.

I think I have 0 because I'm unable to make friends.

Some find it more easy to make friends online compared to real life, but for me is the same in both areas.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi BlackRose,
I have just followed you, would love to be friends.
I'm sure with time, people will add you etc.
Try joining in the chill out section.
Hugs

Z

Zaz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have no friends on or off here so you're not alone blackrose 😊

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I am starting to recognise your name, i just clicked on this post because i recognised you and wanted to read more.

I think the people i have become friends with are friends because they were friendly to me.

If we want a friend, we need to keep a look out for someone who interests us, someone we like, and talk to them.

E

Elisante

I have one friend. Have you tried starting conversations through private messaging?

Z

Zaz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Don't know about other people but I'd find messaging someone quite scary. But I do overthink everything so that doesn't help.

reservoirwolf

reservoirwolf

I don’t really have any friends here yet; I’m very new. I hope that will change but I do find social interactions difficult & I’ve never had much luck in maintaining friendships irl. I’ve just followed you, though. Would love to become friends :). Take care of yourself!

Z

Zaz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don’t really have any friends here yet; I’m very new. I hope that will change but I do find social interactions difficult & I’ve never had much luck in maintaining friendships irl. I’ve just followed you, though. Would love to become friends :). Take care of yourself!
I'm the same. I find it difficult to interact with other people and the amount of friendships I've lost is frightening. I'm so full of self doubt and have terrible trust issues and I tend to wrap myself up in knots and give myself a hard time worrying if I said or did the wrong thing. I could really do with a friend though because it's a lonely life otherwise 🙂

Talina

Talina

I don’t have any friends on the forum, it’s just drains my energy trying to keep those I have in life. I’m not much for interacting and I often overthinks.

That’s just how I am, even keeping online friends is draining and I’ve lost all of them because of how I am as a person. I had once a tight group of online friends while playing games, they later fixed meet ups and did things together but I backed down all the time. Even when they all came to the city I lived in to make it easier for me. So it was totally my fault for letting it slip away. I no longer have any friends that could make laugh as much as that crazy bunch of online friends.

L

Lizaje

ACCOUNT CLOSED
None, I guess. I think 30%dislike me, 10% hate me, 40% don't notice me and 20% will dislike me later on. I'm sure the reality is 98% don't care whatsoever. But I have always liked @Blackrose09 and I'm not just saying it. 🌺

bpd2020

bpd2020

Just curious.

I think I have 0 because I'm unable to make friends.

Some find it more easy to make friends online compared to real life, but for me is the same in both areas.
I am your friend. I care about you and try to reply to your posts.

B

Blackrose09

Hi BlackRose,
I have just followed you, would love to be friends.
I'm sure with time, people will add you etc.
Try joining in the chill out section.
Hugs
Thank you mayflower, you are so nice to me.
Im just odd and I can't have friends because of it.
Thanks for sugestions too.
Sendind hugs back.

B

Blackrose09

If we want a friend, we need to keep a look out for someone who interests us, someone we like, and talk to them.
Right tawny. I appreciate your quality of being down to earth and smart, more calculated than emotional etc. Maybe you have others as well but I don't know about them.

B

Blackrose09

Don't know about other people but I'd find messaging someone quite scary. But I do overthink everything so that doesn't help.
I feel the same :hug:

B

Blackrose09

Me too i find social interactions difficult.
Thank you
You too take care
Hugs