• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How mant types of pills is too many??

bubbling under

bubbling under

I've been given two more types of pills last night and now I'm concerned I've got too many. Tell me what you think please?

Citalopram 20mg daily
Amitriptyline 50mg daily
Co-codamol 100mg daily
Diazepam 5mg when needed
Buccastem 3mg daily

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

A

Apotheosis

Some would say that any are too many. But it is personal choice - I have stuck to one; got to a very low dose; & in the future I hope to get off it.

It is personal preference; if you feel good about the treatment; then that is what matters.

bubbling under

bubbling under

You're right it is a personal thing, I guess me suddenly having 5 different meds has come as a bit of a shock and worry about them all being compatable. That's just my paranoid side though, and worry they don't know what their doing:unsure:

Thanks

dib4uk

dib4uk

Everyone is different I'm on about four and then once a month 5 different types of pills for different things.

I've been called a walk- in-chemist before.(y)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
ive just had this argument with my pdoc today. Ive said for a while im over medicated but no one will listen they say i need it. Last friday i became quite ill and it was thought i would be hopsitalised. Forunatly there were no beds so i attend the day hosp and am assesed every day.

today tho i threw a wobbly, im now on

1750mg depakote
200mg sertraline
160mg propanalol
2mg risperedone
1mg lorazepame

Plus i take meds for insomnia, ulcer and athritis. I dread to think what my liver is like. I guess its a good job i dont drink

dib4uk

dib4uk

today tho i threw a wobbly, im now on

1750mg depakote
200mg sertraline
160mg propanalol
2mg risperedone
1mg lorazepame

Plus i take meds for insomnia, ulcer and athritis. I dread to think what my liver is like. I guess its a good job i dont drink
Wow, good job as well. Not to sure what half of these medicines are but i've heard of depakote.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Ive been called a walking medicine cupboard before now. Not quite sure if that refers to the amount of pills I take or that i'm flat and square.:D

dib4uk

dib4uk

Ive been called a walking medicine cupboard before now. Not quite sure if that refers to the amount of pills I take or that i'm flat and square.:D
Awwww, hugs sure its the amount of medicine that you take. As a fellow cabinet I can not see how you're either flat or square.

:grouphug:

Besides which, their just jealous cause their coffee tables lol.