• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How long??

N

Nutter_09

:tea:

I know this is stupid as everyone is different, but wondered if anyone minds just answering these:

How long have you been depressed:

Any Meds:

Any therapy:

I would just like to see what others are experiencing.

Thanks in advance and I'll start!

N

Nutter_09

How long have you been depressed: 1 1/2 - 2 years

Any Meds: Venlafaxine

Any therapy: Counselling through an open door charity

:grouphug:

Emily-Rose

Emily-Rose

How long have you been depressed: Was diagnosed depressed for just over a year.

Any Meds: Wasn't put on any when I was diagnosed depressed.

Any therapy: None was offered to me at the time.

(I'm diagnosed bipolar now)

Emily.x

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
How long have you been depressed: i was diagnosed over a year ago but it started many years before (don't know exactly but i used to sh in primary school)

Any Meds: No

Any therapy: got counselling after i was diagnosed but it didn't help so i just told the guy everything was fine and convinced him to go away (around the same time i broke down in tears in the shower which is really unusual for me since i don't cry often)

E

eternity

How long have you been depressed: @9 months this time although i've had periods of depression since i was 14 (31 now) including post-natel.

Any meds: citalopram & diazepam.

Any therapy: start couples counselling through local charity this week, been referred for cbt, and am going to speak to my cpn about organizing individual counselling later this week.

eternity :)

S

*Sapphire*

Blimey, you sure you want to know? This will take some time!

How long have you been depressed: On and off for 18 years

Any Meds: Okay, here we go, these are all the ones i remember being prescribed, I think this is in order they were prescribed!
Diazepam
Zopiclone
Dothiepin
Prozac
Lorazepam
Venlafaxine
Chlorpromazine
Trazodone
Thoridazine
Seroxat
Lofepramine
Olanzapine
Quetiapin
Escitalopram

I think some of them were given to me for the sedating effects rather than anything else (as some are anti-psychotics and I don't suffer with psychosis, never have) because I was highly anxious, suicidal etc, and sometimes it was easier for a hospital to deal with me when i was zoned out.

Any therapy:
Counselling, lots
Psychotherapy
6 weeks of CBT
ED therapy
Anxiety Management
Family therapy (to do with ED)
DBT

DBT is the only one that has had any real effect for me. Although I do now want long term psychotherapy as any psychotherapy before DBT was useless really, as I couldn't deal with it.

I guess i'm lucky to have had the above therapies but I have been ill a long time, suffered with a variety of issues, and moved across the country so have been referred to different things. But am so much better now than I ever was before! :)

J

jamesdean

I have been dealing with depression from the age of 8 years old thats has far back has I can remember.

I had two years has an in patient within the day hospital and on the ward when I had abreakdown in 1990.

I had two years with psycholigist and two years with hynotherapy and then put on ad's in the years approximently 2002 I had been on beta blockers 2 x 80mg per day for 17 years from 1992 until this year n started anti psycotics in years 2000.

N

Nutter_09

Thanks all, Just interesting to see how others cope.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I ve prob been depressed since childhood... traits of sh not cutting till twenties

Prozac ... tried 5 times over 7 years

Cymbalta... then depacote added in..

Taken off the above and put on citalopram...

Prev had basic CBT but was too unwell for it to be of benefit

Longer course of CBT and Mindfullness

= Wellness at the moment
:D

A

Apollon

How long have you been depressed: 5.5 years.

Any Meds: Seroxat now, afrer fighting with depression for years.

Any therapy: Psychotherapy.

B

BP2

Been depressed for most of the last 5 years following my first major "breakdown". Officially diagnosed as Bipolar 2 but still think my major issue is Anxiety.

As far as meds go

Diazepam
Prozac
Temazepam
Mirtazapine
Risperidone
Trazadone
Venlafaxine
Zopiclone

Nothing - Best I had felt for a long time

Venlafaxine
Mirtazapine