• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How Long

S

samthefootball

Im on medication, getting Anger management and counselling. How long are people usually on Medication for because I don't want this for the rest of my life. I really miss my ex girlfriend and I know i should not have hit her or grabbed her by the throat but I compare myself to my stepbrother too much

W

wheezey

Sam, there is nothing wrong with being on medication. If it keeps your anger under control then it is doing a wonderful job. It is better to be on medication then have the risk of you hitting somebody else. Just try to take each day as it comes.

W

wheezey

I understand you want a girlfriend but maybe it is better to get help with your anger first. You will only be at risk of hurting your next girlfriend. I cannot give you a time as it would depend on how you respond to the counselling.

S

samthefootball

i know. i mean i want my ex back but thats going to be impossible. Even if I get a new girlfriend how could she be better then by ex. If I had kids they would always be a disappointment wouldn't they as it would aways be what might have been

W

wheezey

I think you need to give yourself time to get over your ex. Things did not work out with her but that does not mean that in the future you will not meet somebody you are even more happier with.

S

samthefootball

I was with her for 1 month and I asked her if she wanted to go on holiday with me. My stepbrother has been abroad with his gf, he is going to move in with her when he finishes UNI. What on earth is wrong with wanting to go on holiday with someone you like, all she wanted to do was go in the future and just go to the cinema or something.

Thats when I got angry and grabbed her by the throat and hit her

W

wheezey

Sam, we have all been caught up with romance. Please stop comparing yourself to your step brother. You are different people with different experiences. It just sounds like it was too soon for your ex to think of going away with you.

S

samthefootball

So what should I have done?? How is going to the cinema better then going on holiday to the USA like he is doing with his GF.

And now I can't even do that

W

wheezey

I just think for some people they would need to get to know a person for longer then a month before going away with them. Personally, I would not go away with somebody I had only known for a month. I am sorry things did not work out but it does not mean you will not meet somebody in the future.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Long time isolated, now can't socialize Depression Forum 1
Jam1990 Doing better than I have in a long long time Depression Forum 9
M How long you was dealing with depression before search and join to a forum? Depression Forum 8
L Depressed for a long time Depression Forum 6
U Long term Multiple Sclerosis, waiting for diagnosis. Depression Forum 2
C Long distance Relationship and restrictions Depression Forum 1
T it’s been too long Depression Forum 1
R Apathetic and lost (sorry its long) Depression Forum 5
Desire less Why it's so hard to get out of long-term depression!!! Depression Forum 15
jajingna Long day Depression Forum 8
trueloveseeker Pretty Extreme Depression From Basically Being Alone For Too Long Depression Forum 3
S Antidepressant discontinuation after long time no response Depression Forum 8
J Starting long term therapy Depression Forum 18
M Long story... Depression Forum 1
N A long-overdue vent (or, an essay on uncertainty) Depression Forum 1
A A long winded thread; grab some coffee Depression Forum 2
Drawings_T Looking for inspiration, been struggling so long Depression Forum 3
K Coping with depression and long distance relationships. Depression Forum 1
B Can being single for a long time mentally drain a person? Depression Forum 24
Jleighm Long term effects from antidepressants. Depression Forum 1
A Self-defeating behavioral patterns in reaction to long-term depression Depression Forum 3
M It's going to be a LONG one oops so sorry Depression Forum 2
A walking around veiled, how long will this last. Depression Forum 6
M Long Distance Relationship + Depression Depression Forum 2
LonelyTengu How long do I have to keep waiting? Depression Forum 5
Lone_wanderer I've been down so long it seems like up to me. Depression Forum 9
antonialost Long post...would appreciate if somone reads, offers insight? Depression Forum 9
M Any here has not had social interaction in long time - and seeks for it ? Depression Forum 4
J Can't stop feeling guilty - Please Help - Long Post Depression Forum 6
J Thought I was getting better - Help Appreciated - Long Post Depression Forum 7
V Feeling low for a long time Depression Forum 6
Molly05 Advice please, personal and very long Depression Forum 4
L Long term fluoxetine use and suicidal ideation Depression Forum 2
N Brain damaged through long term depression any comments Depression Forum 10
9 Long distance relationship Depression Forum 2
W Worst I’ve felt in a long time Depression Forum 1
PurpleDaffodils Life Long Stress; Lack of Motivation Depression Forum 1
O People with long term depression, how do you sleep? Depression Forum 9
0 How do I help my partner? I'm so sorry this is long but I really really need some advice. Depression Forum 3
M How long do depression dips last for? Depression Forum 3
B Don't know how long I can do this Depression Forum 5
Z (This is long) Trusting the wrong person made my depression worse Depression Forum 7
L Long but I would appreciate some advice please!! Depression Forum 5
J Questions about long term use of Klonopin Depression Forum 1
Fairy Lucretia how long can my sister stay with me for without affecting benefits Depression Forum 10
S How long Depression Forum 7
W Finally opening up to anybody in my life, might be a long read im sorry Depression Forum 5
T Please help me understand my partners behaviour who is long term depressive Depression Forum 1
D Battled too long now Depression Forum 3
O Losing hope and feeling like i won't be here so long.. Depression Forum 1