• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How long to be OK

M

metermaid01

How long does it take to be ok?
when can I cure and when will the medication start kicking in?

I am sorry for any formatting issue or anything in this forum... i am new here and very upset now

L

linus

Hi,
What kind of medication and for what diagnostic? What are you experiencing?

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Takes time. My first prescription was 1mg of risperidon and first night I took it, I could finally sleep, but still had delusions and voices. I then saw my psychiatrist after a month or 2 and my dose went up to 2mg. After a lil while on that dose the voices and delusions went away.
But... I stopped taking them after a while (*tuts*) because a) I felt fine and b) I gained so much weight. And coincidentally, I relapsed and then risperidon stopped working and had to try other meds and final solution that worked is clozapine.

M

metermaid01

Hello.
I am on my third day of abilify. Yesterday I was experiencing extreme pain and worry. I was being threathened and harmed and also suffering extreme paranoia.

Unfortunately I have no one to calm me down when I am like this.

Edit: I am diagnosed to have early schizophrenia. I’m quite young so this is very scary for me.

Warrior

Warrior

Hello.
I am on my third day of abilify. Yesterday I was experiencing extreme pain and worry. I was being threathened and harmed and also suffering extreme paranoia.

Unfortunately I have no one to calm me down when I am like this.

Edit: I am diagnosed to have early schizophrenia. I’m quite young so this is very scary for me.
metermaid welcome to the forum and the drug i've just checked and it can take from a few days to a few weeks according to the dosage.

I'll look up side affects as most drugs can cause issues.

Warrior

Warrior

@metermaid01 here's the full aspects of the drug besides side affects, don't panic when you see them as not everyone gets them plus we're here to support you :hug5:

M

metermaid01

Thank you for looking up that. I appreciate it:loveshower:

I am unfortunately still being harmed and tortured, when will ”hallucinations” stop? I hope I can be free soon.

Warrior

Warrior

Thank you for looking up that. I appreciate it:loveshower:

I am unfortunately still being harmed and tortured, when will ”hallucinations” stop? I hope I can be free soon.
If you don't mind me asking what have you been diagnosed with, as i have bipolar besides being diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic years ago and i used to have hallucinations then.

M

metermaid01

If you don't mind me asking what have you been diagnosed with, as i have bipolar besides being diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic years ago and i used to have hallucinations then.
It’s OK. I am now going through the prodromal psychosis phase so I have been put on antipsychotics after years of being on antidepressants. The diagnosis seems to be paranoid schizophrenia, though I am not sure yet. My doctors have just called it schizophrenia so far.

I wish I could reverse it.

Warrior

Warrior

It’s OK. I am now going through the prodromal psychosis phase so I have been put on antipsychotics after years of being on antidepressants. The diagnosis seems to be paranoid schizophrenia, though I am not sure yet. My doctors have just called it schizophrenia so far.

I wish I could reverse it.
There's quite a few regarding schizophrenia you need to ask them your proper diagnosis, if there's one thing i've learnt regarding doctor's always ask questions never hold back.

I've been at this lark for 30 odd years now and Antidepressants never helped me so they banged me on jabs which i'm no longer on, so i try to cope with just having valium.

Here's the early symptoms of early phychosis

M

metermaid01

There's quite a few regarding schizophrenia you need to ask them your proper diagnosis, if there's one thing i've learnt regarding doctor's always ask questions never hold back.

I've been at this lark for 30 odd years now and Antidepressants never helped me so they banged me on jabs which i'm no longer on, so i try to cope with just having valium.

Here's the early symptoms of early phychosis
I definitely will ask. Thanks for all help.

I am in some stress now..

L

linus

It can take up to 12 weeks to feel “normal”, don’t pressure yourself, it’s good that you are aware that something is wrong with you, most people don’t even realize this.

M

metermaid01

It can take up to 12 weeks to feel “normal”, don’t pressure yourself, it’s good that you are aware that something is wrong with you, most people don’t even realize this.
Holding on for 12 weeks. I wish I could be normal 😢

I’m feeling compelled to harm myself.

EdEd

EdEd

Dont harm yourself :-( sometimes that thought crosses my mind ,but try not to think that way and give it some time things should improve.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Schizophrenia Forum 21
T Schizophrenia Forum 16