• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How long have you had your delusions?

T

Tvgirl

How long have you had your delusions and what are you doing to get out of them?

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Well, ever since my last episode, I haven't been able to get rid of these delusions. Always feel like I'm being watched and thought broadcasted. I don't understand why they are so obsessed with me too. *shrugs*

T

Tvgirl

Well, ever since my last episode, I haven't been able to get rid of these delusions. Always feel like I'm being watched and thought broadcasted. I don't understand why they are so obsessed with me too. *shrugs*
Same here, but mines are real.

F

fluffpill

I experienced them for 12 years. They stopped when i started becoming manic and eventually suffered psychosis.

EarthChild

EarthChild

Some I've had since I was a teenager - about 20 years, and others for eight years. And others for less. It varies.

J

jackychen

did you take meds for that?

Jam1990

Jam1990

Hard to say when mine started. I used to have delusion when I was a kid and teenager that I was going to burn in hell for being gay. Starting around 2010-2012 I started having delusions that I was always in trouble for something or that people were out to harm me. I still have those delusions even today. It freaking sucks but I’m working through it with medication and therapy.

S

sikatriz

I have two kinds of delusions — conscious and unconscious. All delusions start out unconsciously. When I realize it’s a delusion I go back in time through memory and label all occurrences of the delusion in my head. If I keep having the delusion i label it a conscious delusion. So before the realization is unconscious delusion and after the realization is conscious delusion.

The realization is called insight into your condition.

You two lack this insight when you say your delusions are real. If you knew they were delusions you’d know that they’re not real. If they’re not delusions then they must be facts.

If your so-called delusions are real then they are not delusions. And I admit if anybody went through the facts of your life they would be crazy too.

I’m crazier than the two of you. I have the worst facts of all. And I know they’re real. But things are not as they seem. These factual beings are lying to me. They are deluding me delusionally. I am delusional.

U

user1996

I've had my delusions from summer 2016 till September 2019.
I removed my delusions because I realized that I had schizophrenia and also I analyze them logically and understand that they are impossible.