• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How long does it take to remember things have changed

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

After my separation I’m still finding myself doing everything I did when I was married, home same time, shopping the same and even cooking the things my wife loved.

I’m still sleep on my side, and found myself making two cups of tea this evening before realising she is no longer here 😔

I dream of the life before and still awake not really remembering it’s changed, the boom 💥 it’s groundg day.

Does it settle soon?

XSamX

I

indigo6

It is a form of grief and that takes as long as it does. Can you find distraction, get involved in something new.

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

It is a form of grief and that takes as long as it does. Can you find distraction, get involved in something new.
I think that has to be my next move tbh. I bought a camper (actually bought it for us as we were going to tour Europe).

As I’m sure most people did, I sacrificed friends for my family life, and as the family ceased I’ve found that life can be a very lonely place indeed

This community is helping soooo much, but I do miss the face to face interaction with someone.

I

indigo6

I think that has to be my next move tbh. I bought a camper (actually bought it for us as we were going to tour Europe).

As I’m sure most people did, I sacrificed friends for my family life, and as the family ceased I’ve found that life can be a very lonely place indeed

This community is helping soooo much, but I do miss the face to face interaction with someone.
Go on a short trip, see how it feels.
Reach out, be honest explain to them.
Thats understandable, it will pass.

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

Go on a short trip, see how it feels.
Reach out, be honest explain to them.
Thats understandable, it will pass.
Thank you 🙏

I have hid my condition so well over many years that I sometimes forget how ill I actually am and how sad I really feel somedays

I

indigo6

Now you have time to rebuild yourself and your life. Delve into self care and helping yourself.
Silver lining.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Been a long time Mental Health Experiences 1
D How long are mental health act assessments usually Mental Health Experiences 4
LizBo Decision-making fear: a long term effect of trauma and abuse Mental Health Experiences 20
K Long; harassed but no solid evidence. Panic attacks. Mental Health Experiences 21
UnstableSolace Why do people ignore sufferers as long as they don't verbally express it? Mental Health Experiences 11
Poemwrit3r My young isolation revelation. Long, but positive read, despite warning. Mental Health Experiences 3
M Mental illness + long distance = difficult Mental Health Experiences 1
U Long suicide grief vent or something Mental Health Experiences 9
I Needed to vent my (Long) situation Mental Health Experiences 6
N Should I Take A Long Break From The Form? Mental Health Experiences 14
Topcat Family - bad relationships - need advice (bit long sorry) Mental Health Experiences 5
C Tips for long distance relationship with a person with depression? Mental Health Experiences 6
O This is going to be a long post - havent left my bed/room in months Mental Health Experiences 5
B Can bring single for a long time mentally drain a person? Mental Health Experiences 6
E Does anyone can relate ? Mental Health Experiences 8
H what does a friendship look like? Mental Health Experiences 2
MissPink Does anyone else think this is rude? Mental Health Experiences 9
blog15 Does my world close up to empathy? Mental Health Experiences 1
Ineedhelp2921 Does anyone know what this could be? Mental Health Experiences 4
A How to best deal when a person thinks everything she does is wrong? Mental Health Experiences 1
JessisMe Does Your Therapist Know What He/She is Doing? Mental Health Experiences 15
N Does anyone temporarily forget their trauma? Mental Health Experiences 5
T What does she mean by this/extremely impulsive now Mental Health Experiences 12
T Habit of hiding emotion and negative thoughts from others does not go away Mental Health Experiences 8
C I don't know if I'm normal , does everyone behave/feel the same? Mental Health Experiences 2
F Does your mind race after you've been productive? Advice on how to stop it. Mental Health Experiences 1
B Does anybody else get stuck on past events? Mental Health Experiences 19
Falling_Fixation Does anyone know what this is? Mental Health Experiences 10
blog15 What does your coping mindset consist of? Mental Health Experiences 1
D Does your depression worsen when there is bad weather and in morning? Mental Health Experiences 19
B Why does it feel like Stupidity is a "Badge of Honor" Mental Health Experiences 1
blog15 Does your illness make you spontaneus? Mental Health Experiences 1
blog15 Coconut does wonders> Mental Health Experiences 5
G Does it ever go away? Mental Health Experiences 3
Carol1952 Does a physical illness make your anxieties worse? Mental Health Experiences 5
W What does your treatment for schizophrenia consist of? Mental Health Experiences 26
LORD BURT Does your MH condition suck out all the joy of your life? Mental Health Experiences 8
M What does this sound like? Mental Health Experiences 5
E Does bother you if your therapist is very skinny? Mental Health Experiences 1
goddesyongsun Does shut the whole world down is good? Mental Health Experiences 3
T Why is it difficult for me to remember how bad the bad moments felt? Mental Health Experiences 8
ask92 Dad doesn't remember abusing me. Trigger warning Mental Health Experiences 29