• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How long does it take to get Clozapine out of your system?

H

healthybrain

I'v been on Clozapine for 6 days and am getting off so I can take Vicodin for tooth. I dont want the Clozapine to inter fear. Would anyone know how long I would have to wait?

millar

millar

i wouldnt use any as both are extreamly addtive, id explore all other avenues before taking either or have a partner controll the drug. i hope the pain does ease and if you google it youll find out the half life and time it takes to expel from your body. regards jamie

S

siliconom

If you have only been taking 6 days, you can just stop safely. It stays in your body about 36 hours after final dose

H

healthybrain

Clozapine is not Clonazepam (benzo). Clozapine is a sedating antipsychotic with weight gain, no sex, no fun. Thats why I want off it. My doc prescribed Gabapentin that will hopefully replace it.

Now Vicodin is an opioid more addictive than heroin. I was on that and morphine a few years ago for surgery and just stopped taking it no withdrawl. It was nuts people couldnt understand, its my altered brain chemistry because Im bipolar.

Clozapine kills the effects of many drugs.

I do also have Clonazepam (Klonopin) and took a few of those last night to chill. Now Ill wait a couple of days or a week to take them again, keep me addict free.

S

siliconom

I do also have Clonazepam (Klonopin) and took a few of those last night to chill. Now Ill wait a couple of days or a week to take them again, keep me addict free.
How many is 'a few'? Hopefully a smallish dose in total I.e. 0.5 mg

0.5 mg of clonazepam is equivalent to 10mg of Valium

But yeah you're right about taking every 2 or 3 days only. That should keep you adduct free, provided you stick rigorously to that routine.

H

healthybrain

Yea .5 mg and sometimes 1.5mg with Gabapentin Im prescribed, anxiety.
But only s few times a week.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A how long does it take for the side effects of tiredness with lithium to settle down? Bipolar Forum 9
H Does anyone know how long the side effects of Klonopin and Gabapentin take to wear off? Bipolar Forum 2
Azelka Does lithium make episodes of hypomania and depression last less long? Bipolar Forum 3
I how long does the low last? Bipolar Forum 4
V how long does mania last? Bipolar Forum 4
B How long have you gone without talk therapy? Bipolar Forum 21
G How long do your episodes last Bipolar Forum 9
B How long did it take you to accept your diagnosis Bipolar Forum 7
S How long in a new relationship do I tell her I am bipolar Bipolar Forum 10
Tawny Cannot seem to find a balance for long Bipolar Forum 11
Wish4TheNight How long before Depakote starts working? Bipolar Forum 9
C The beginning of hypomania or just feeling better? Quite long and pretty boring. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Bipolar Forum 4
M New Job after long unemployment - Very Scared Bipolar Forum 10
V Long read: a magma of meds and confusion, need advice or comfort Bipolar Forum 1
JessisMe How Long Was Your Longest Mania? Bipolar Forum 2
L Relationship woes-Mood stabilizer isn't working (long story so get ready) Bipolar Forum 3
E But long and rambling but... Bipolar Forum 4
A Long read but please. I need help or I’m going to lose my husband. Bipolar Forum 9
Urban Hermit When did you know and how long to get diagnosed? X Bipolar Forum 6
P How long are your manic periods lasting? Bipolar Forum 11
Azelka How long do the ups and downs last in a day? Bipolar Forum 7
D My Brother (Long Read) Bipolar Forum 6
S would like some advice (LONG post) Bipolar Forum 1
G Mixed states I think, I'm so sorry this is so long, maybe I just needed to vent Bipolar Forum 1
megirl well for a long time Bipolar Forum 5
B how long to take Lithium for Bipolar-I? Bipolar Forum 3
H Please help - I think my wife is bipolar *LONG* Bipolar Forum 15
B How long do you last inbetween psychotic episodes and how many have you experienced since diagnosis please? Bipolar Forum 2
W How long? Bipolar Forum 2
Fluffymum So long wondering Bipolar Forum 7
M Bipolar Depression - Relapsing and Long-Term Treatments Bipolar Forum 3
R long post... Bipolar Forum 2
R bipolar spouses, how long has your partner not spoken to you for..? Bipolar Forum 10
S How long??? Bipolar Forum 9
B Straterra long term rage Bipolar Forum 1
B long days.. Bipolar Forum 3
cpuusage Medication-free Alternatives for Long-term Maintenance of Bipolar Disorder: A Case Series Bipolar Forum 27
bobshocker done lived too long Bipolar Forum 2
C Help Me Be a Better Partner to a Woman Who I Think Suffers from Bipolar 2 (LONG POST AHEAD) Bipolar Forum 27
A how long do your depressive episodes last? Bipolar Forum 8
P How long would it take for Sertraline to induce a manic/mixed episode in someone with bipolar? Bipolar Forum 6
J A long winded tail of losing the love of my life. Bipolar Forum 2
krista how long on the same meds? Bipolar Forum 16
W Very long post of memories left over. The unit ! Bipolar Forum 2
Reach Long lonely days, got to work Bipolar Forum 8
PurpleLily How long do your 'highs' last? Bipolar Forum 19
mrlaurel a long night :( Bipolar Forum 6
T I long to feel alive again Bipolar Forum 5
mrlaurel Have I been here too long ??????????????? Bipolar Forum 15
P Being treated badly triggering a Bipolar episode... (long story) Bipolar Forum 1