• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How long does it take to get Clozapine out of your system?

H

healthybrain

I'v been on Clozapine for 6 days and am getting off so I can take Vicodin for tooth. I dont want the Clozapine to inter fear. Would anyone know how long I would have to wait?

millar

millar

i wouldnt use any as both are extreamly addtive, id explore all other avenues before taking either or have a partner controll the drug. i hope the pain does ease and if you google it youll find out the half life and time it takes to expel from your body. regards jamie

S

siliconom

If you have only been taking 6 days, you can just stop safely. It stays in your body about 36 hours after final dose

H

healthybrain

Clozapine is not Clonazepam (benzo). Clozapine is a sedating antipsychotic with weight gain, no sex, no fun. Thats why I want off it. My doc prescribed Gabapentin that will hopefully replace it.

Now Vicodin is an opioid more addictive than heroin. I was on that and morphine a few years ago for surgery and just stopped taking it no withdrawl. It was nuts people couldnt understand, its my altered brain chemistry because Im bipolar.

Clozapine kills the effects of many drugs.

I do also have Clonazepam (Klonopin) and took a few of those last night to chill. Now Ill wait a couple of days or a week to take them again, keep me addict free.

S

siliconom

I do also have Clonazepam (Klonopin) and took a few of those last night to chill. Now Ill wait a couple of days or a week to take them again, keep me addict free.
How many is 'a few'? Hopefully a smallish dose in total I.e. 0.5 mg

0.5 mg of clonazepam is equivalent to 10mg of Valium

But yeah you're right about taking every 2 or 3 days only. That should keep you adduct free, provided you stick rigorously to that routine.

H

healthybrain

Yea .5 mg and sometimes 1.5mg with Gabapentin Im prescribed, anxiety.
But only s few times a week.