• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How long does it take to get a diagnosis!!!!

T

TRjames

Hey everyone.... On and off now for the past 9 years i have been suffering from servere depression, Anxiety, mood swings and now they are saying possibly phsycosis, my doc has all my history and knows how i feel but I want to know what the hell is going on with me, they keep sending me off with all this medication. So far ive been on anti depressants, seroquel 100mg, now im on olanzapine. I just want to know what the hell is wrong with me, i know this all takes time and they dont want to wrongly diagnose but far out i have been seeing these doctors for years. I go in there they ask how i feel they say it might be or could possibly be this, or they say are thats know good, hows the medication going maybe we should up the dose, all i want is to know what their oppinion is on what maybe the problem is and stop uming and ahhring. How long did it take any of you guys to get an accurate diagnoses??? anyway ive had my bitch sorry about the long post, hope everyone is well take care Tom:hug:

D

dreambuggieII

my diagnoses changed over the course of 20 years.

From depression to schizophrenia - go figure..

It would have been less time consuming for me to stick an arrow into the DSM manual.

T

TRjames

far out 20 years i feel bad for complaining.... I went to see my doc yesterday and he thinks that i have all the early sighns of schizophrenia, i think this is bullshit i dont even hear voices or see things, im so pissed off and confused about life i feel as though i have 50 different radios sitting around me all tuned to different stations i just cant think clear..... Not having a good day everyone i feel like im going crazy i cant shut down my thinking. :mad: :mad::mad: sorry for having a sook, take care tom

K

killswitchon

yo man dont be sorry for letting us know what is going on man. I have been dealing with mental shit for the past two and a half years and it has felt like a lifetime man!!! a lifetime! I have been to the hospital twice dude. It makes somebody feel crazy man. And the feeling that you cant shut down your thinking is super familiar to me man. I feel the exact same way. I know how you feel man when you are pissed that you got diagnosed with psychosis. Cause one psychiatrist of mine thought the same thing when I dont even hear voices or see shit. its fucked up. I do not have any symptoms of a psychosis. My thoughts are still logical and I am not delusional man. I just got off olanzepine because it had lactose in it, i guess to hold the pill together, but I am allergic to lactose so I had to get off of it. But Now I am on seroquel 75mg. I can't tell if it is helping or not. I am so damn frusterated man I know how you feel and if you have been dealing with this for 9 years I pat you on the back and say damn good job man. Because me its shy of three years and I am struggling so bad man. I am demanding a diagnosis man cuz i am just so fed up with this whole system. It is so slow. I live in canada, and the whole mental health community is fucked up and slow man. Hope its better where you are.