• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How long does it take to get a diagnosis!!!!

T

TRjames

Hey everyone.... On and off now for the past 9 years i have been suffering from servere depression, Anxiety, mood swings and now they are saying possibly phsycosis, my doc has all my history and knows how i feel but I want to know what the hell is going on with me, they keep sending me off with all this medication. So far ive been on anti depressants, seroquel 100mg, now im on olanzapine. I just want to know what the hell is wrong with me, i know this all takes time and they dont want to wrongly diagnose but far out i have been seeing these doctors for years. I go in there they ask how i feel they say it might be or could possibly be this, or they say are thats know good, hows the medication going maybe we should up the dose, all i want is to know what their oppinion is on what maybe the problem is and stop uming and ahhring. How long did it take any of you guys to get an accurate diagnoses??? anyway ive had my bitch sorry about the long post, hope everyone is well take care Tom:hug:

D

dreambuggieII

my diagnoses changed over the course of 20 years.

From depression to schizophrenia - go figure..

It would have been less time consuming for me to stick an arrow into the DSM manual.

T

TRjames

far out 20 years i feel bad for complaining.... I went to see my doc yesterday and he thinks that i have all the early sighns of schizophrenia, i think this is bullshit i dont even hear voices or see things, im so pissed off and confused about life i feel as though i have 50 different radios sitting around me all tuned to different stations i just cant think clear..... Not having a good day everyone i feel like im going crazy i cant shut down my thinking. :mad: :mad::mad: sorry for having a sook, take care tom

K

killswitchon

yo man dont be sorry for letting us know what is going on man. I have been dealing with mental shit for the past two and a half years and it has felt like a lifetime man!!! a lifetime! I have been to the hospital twice dude. It makes somebody feel crazy man. And the feeling that you cant shut down your thinking is super familiar to me man. I feel the exact same way. I know how you feel man when you are pissed that you got diagnosed with psychosis. Cause one psychiatrist of mine thought the same thing when I dont even hear voices or see shit. its fucked up. I do not have any symptoms of a psychosis. My thoughts are still logical and I am not delusional man. I just got off olanzepine because it had lactose in it, i guess to hold the pill together, but I am allergic to lactose so I had to get off of it. But Now I am on seroquel 75mg. I can't tell if it is helping or not. I am so damn frusterated man I know how you feel and if you have been dealing with this for 9 years I pat you on the back and say damn good job man. Because me its shy of three years and I am struggling so bad man. I am demanding a diagnosis man cuz i am just so fed up with this whole system. It is so slow. I live in canada, and the whole mental health community is fucked up and slow man. Hope its better where you are.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Does NHS treat a bout of depression different to Chronic long term depression? Mental Health Experiences 4
Newstartformetoday How long does it take to remember things have changed Mental Health Experiences 6
Signofthetimes Don't know what this is, but I've been very stressed for a long time. Mental Health Experiences 4
calmleaves ***TRIGGER WARNING!!! Discusses long term physical abuse and SA*** My abusive mom is forcing me to forgive and make up with my abusive brother Mental Health Experiences 2
R How long are/were you waiting for NHS psychological treatment? Mental Health Experiences 2
P How do I know how long I will suffer? Mental Health Experiences 9
E Feeling so down about how long I have been unwell, and things are still very difficult... Mental Health Experiences 5
C Why do i find it hard letting go of certain people even after a long time Mental Health Experiences 2
T been having day long panic attacks Mental Health Experiences 5
L How long can someone suppress memories of trauma? Mental Health Experiences 2
T Been a long time Mental Health Experiences 1
D How long are mental health act assessments usually Mental Health Experiences 4
LizBo Decision-making fear: a long term effect of trauma and abuse Mental Health Experiences 20
K Long; harassed but no solid evidence. Panic attacks. Mental Health Experiences 21
UnstableSolace Why do people ignore sufferers as long as they don't verbally express it? Mental Health Experiences 11
Poemwrit3r My young isolation revelation. Long, but positive read, despite warning. Mental Health Experiences 3
M Mental illness + long distance = difficult Mental Health Experiences 1
U Long suicide grief vent or something Mental Health Experiences 9
I Needed to vent my (Long) situation Mental Health Experiences 6
N Should I Take A Long Break From The Form? Mental Health Experiences 14
Topcat Family - bad relationships - need advice (bit long sorry) Mental Health Experiences 5
C Tips for long distance relationship with a person with depression? Mental Health Experiences 6
O This is going to be a long post - havent left my bed/room in months Mental Health Experiences 5
B Can bring single for a long time mentally drain a person? Mental Health Experiences 6
M a question about your approaches to long term depressive, painful, fearful, lonely struggle. Mental Health Experiences 1
M a long post... Mental Health Experiences 3
T Am I being a terrible "friend"? (Long Read) Mental Health Experiences 2
G I’m In a vulnerable position how should I handle it?(Warning Long read!) Mental Health Experiences 1
H My First Trauma - sorry for long post. Mental Health Experiences 1
E Fight this AM.. This is a long read Mental Health Experiences 5
L A long history of a success story Mental Health Experiences 2
T Im sorry, this is long winded Mental Health Experiences 3
L My first post...a little long! Mental Health Experiences 1
L Warning, very long post here! Trying to wrap my head around it all Mental Health Experiences 1
L It’s been a long time Mental Health Experiences 7
B My first proper post, there's a lot to say. I've called it 'the golden gate'. sorry its long Mental Health Experiences 1
A Help needed i know its long but had to get it out! Mental Health Experiences 1
R A long thread of me spouting out nonsense Mental Health Experiences 3
Zardos Long Changed ??? Mental Health Experiences 0
T HELP in Long distance relationships Mental Health Experiences 1
T Girlfriend depressed at idea of Long Distance Relationship. Please Help! Mental Health Experiences 2
Nikita How long can I go on for? Mental Health Experiences 6
L Sharing my thoughts...I hope you don't mind...I hope it isn't too long. Mental Health Experiences 5
telekinesis something ive been doing for a long time not sure what the dx is for it. Mental Health Experiences 2
W what is quetiapine like long term? and do you always need a cocktail of meds with bipolar 1? Mental Health Experiences 11
C My life story.....long and boring read Mental Health Experiences 5
V Weekend long dissociation with zero memory. ( please read) Mental Health Experiences 1
C VERY LONG READ. Only comment if you read whole thing please. Mental Health Experiences 8
T a problem ive had for a long time Mental Health Experiences 8
D I have been used and abused too long Mental Health Experiences 3