• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

How Long Does Being Sleepy/Drowsy Last While on Amisulpride?

C

cuckoo2

Hi. I've been on Amisulpride (solian) for a week. I am sleepy/drowsy all the time. Does this last long?

A

Apotheosis

What dose are you on?

I was placed on 1200mg 12 years ago - at that dose I slept for a year. I managed to get to a 200mg dose - stopped it 3 times unsuccessfully. I try my best to just accept taking it; it's a powerful drug; I seem to be totally dependant on it.

The nature of such a drug is that it will make you feel drowsy - the higher the dose; usually the stronger the sedative effect - this class of drugs isn't called 'Major Tranquilizers' for nothing. I have found that it's a bit like being in a bit of a dream; the edge is taken off things; that can be seen as a good & a bad thing. How long does it last? - for me it's been 12 years so far; it could last a lifetime?

D

dancer

I was on 400mg a day and I was really drowsy all of the time. I drank a lot of coffee when I had to do stuff.

M

ms_sans

I'm on 800 mg and wan to sleep all the time, my CPN told me that this has nothing to do with the drug and is due to the psychosis. i have no idea.

D

dancer

I wish someone had told me that ami causes drowsiness about ten years ago. Then I wouldn't have beat myself up that I wasn't doing normal things...

J

jenika

Amisulpride is manufactured by Lorex-Synthelabo under the trade name Solian. Amisulpride, a substituted benzamide derivative, is a second-generation antipsychotic.At low doses, it enhances dopaminergic neurotransmission by preferentially blocking presynaptic dopamine D2/D3 autoreceptors.Amisulpride is used to treat schizophrenia. Amisulpride works by blocking the effect of a chemical in the brain which is thought to affect thinking, feelings and behaviour.