• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How is everyone.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Haven't been on for a while really struggling to cope with stuff lately, just wondered how everyone is doing?

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Sorry to hear you've been struggling MH : anything specific or just the big D in general?

Nick

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I think it's the fact I went back to work in too much of a hurry combined with the D word. Anxiety also comes into play too so things are not good. I was curious how others were getting along.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Up and down MH - boring and repetitive for me I am afraid :) - mind you that's a lot better than down all the time!

Nick.

D

Dollit

HI MH - nice to see you again. Are you still back at work? I'm busy, just had a stressful few weeks but everything's panning out again now. :hug:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hey... Sorry you ve not been feeling so good recently. Me neither just feel as though I ve dug myself deeper and deeper into a hell hole. I got two new referals today one for a crisis team and the other for some other sort of therepy am scarred sh*tless about them both. what if I loose my job admitting how nuts I feel most of the time.:mad::mad:
but this is for everyone not feeling so good at the mo and to the friendly flok who offer advice :grouphug:

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Sorry you are feeling bad intelgal - any idea what the new kind of therapy is?

I know that the prospect of crisis teams and therapy are daunting but it shows that you are being taken seriously, and they are trying to find the right help for you. Discuss your worries about your job with the crisis team - they should be able to help you themselves or point you in the direction of someone (like an advocacy service) who can.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Nick.

D

Dollit

Crisis teams can be good to have on board. Once you've been referred you can refer yourself without having the intervention of a person from your medical team. Then if you need to, they will actually send a psych to your home to talk to you. At the very least you get to talk to a CPN on the phone. If you say what sort of therapy it is you've been recommended to have then maybe someone here has experience of it and they may be able to talk to you about it?

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I was referred for more 'traditional' (according to the referer) counclling following about a year of CBT which has been usefull but on the other hand feel as though I have taken a gient step back if that makes sense. I had a bit of a 'crisis' so to speak on monday and badly hurt myself hence the referral to the crisis team! Doyou think both will work together or will I have to choose between the two??

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Well they should definitely be working together! The idea of a crisis team is to provide help and support in the short-term, but they should also be ensuring that you are provided with adequate support for when you are past the crisis. The therapy is a much more long-term thing. So the two are complementary not contradictory - or at least that is how it SHOULD be :).

Nick.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
How did you find the CBT intelgal? Any good?

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I found the CBT good in many ways although sometimes it did not give me the oppertunity to talk past experiences though. It helped me with my thinking patterns and think that when i am back to being stronger I will be able to use some of the methods again. Had a pretty stressful week, crisis team involvement and have a second medication to take now although some of the listed side effects scare me a little but hopefully will sort me out.

:p

D

Dollit

CBT is about forward thinking and coping with the present. You should still be seeing a psych/CPN/counsellor to talk through your other stuff. I've done CBT twice and the first time it was good. The second time I was quite ill and just couldn't cope with it. Having said that, once you've done it you do retain the coping mechanisms. Good luck with it. xx

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
CBT also helped me a great deal but on the downside I feel sort of emotionless?? Although us blokes are not supposed to cry, i found that at times it was a good release for the frustrations I feel about not being able to do stuff I wanted to but after CBT I feel numb, cold even which is unusual for me. Haven't had a good cry for over 3 years or even more.

On another note I hope you get over your problems soon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Depression Forum 5
Stardust2020 Depression Forum 4
L Depression Forum 22
T Depression Forum 3