• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How I overcome my alcohol addiction

C

clyde

Hi guys I just want to share how I overcome alcohol in my life. I have been 2 years sober from alcohol. I started to stop when my wife and my children left me. I become desperate to bring back them to my life. I attend AA meeting and went to rehabilitation. It's difficult, but I survive. Now they're in my life again and we are all happy.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm really pleased to hear that you have managed to stay sober for so long - big congratulations to you. That must have been difficult and i'm sure it's an on-going journey.
I'm also pleased to hear that your family are back into your life. May the happiness continue. :)

C

clyde

Thank you somerset. You're right, it's very difficult, but if you are willing to have changes in your life you have to do the right thing that can make you and other people happy.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A How to overcome negative symptoms of Schizophrenia? Getting Your Life Back! 7
E Healing is a process but you can overcome anything! Getting Your Life Back! 4
N Does anyone overcome panic disorder and agoraphobia? Getting Your Life Back! 6
M Alcohol addicted husband Getting Your Life Back! 4
D Struggling with recent borderline personality disorder diagnosis, alcohol and substance abuse and recent breakdown of long term relationship. Getting Your Life Back! 1
F I'd like to give up alcohol Getting Your Life Back! 28
P Alcohol Detox Tips Getting Your Life Back! 2
A Alcohol is runining my life Getting Your Life Back! 7
Itsthatpjay How addiction reached for me at child birth Getting Your Life Back! 5
Anime-Alchemy Process of overcoming my addiction Getting Your Life Back! 9
ex-sex-addict My Renewed Faith in God and My Regained Focus on My Passions Are The Only 2 Things That Helped Me Abandon My Sexual Addiction Forever! Getting Your Life Back! 6
BorderlineDownunder Chocolate Addiction Getting Your Life Back! 1
NicoretteGummed Giving Up My Last addiction-Fags Getting Your Life Back! 9
Electric Great book about love-addiction Getting Your Life Back! 18
P Adding spritual to Recover your Addiction Getting Your Life Back! 2
B Fear/masturbation addiction/social anxiety/spiritual path unknown/I just want to be happy. Getting Your Life Back! 23