How I got diagnosed.

T

TooMuchPain

I thought I would make a thread about my experience getting diagnosed with???

I don’t intend to talk about any specifics for personal reasons and it would ruin your chances of a accurate diagnosis for yourself.

So I had my weekly appointment with my therapist yesterday. I asked if we can do something to provide some labels to my condition. She said she has asked me in the past to take this test. I don’t remember that at all. When my depression gets bad I tend to lose my memory so it’s entirely possible we have talked about testing in the past.

So today after work I’m gonna go back to see her and take a test. This test is supposed to take an hour to an 1 1/2 hours for me to complete. We will go over my results during my next appointment on Valentine’s Day (ya me. I have a date on Valentine’s Day) 🙃

I read that lots of people question if they have some condition they are concerned about. This thread is about the process for how I found out.

Happy Friday!

A

Alladyn1919

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I thought I would make a thread about my experience getting diagnosed with???

I don’t intend to talk about any specifics for personal reasons and it would ruin your chances of a accurate diagnosis for yourself.

So I had my weekly appointment with my therapist yesterday. I asked if we can do something to provide some labels to my condition. She said she has asked me in the past to take this test. I don’t remember that at all. When my depression gets bad I tend to lose my memory so it’s entirely possible we have talked about testing in the past.

So today after work I’m gonna go back to see her and take a test. This test is supposed to take an hour to an 1 1/2 hours for me to complete. We will go over my results during my next appointment on Valentine’s Day (ya me. I have a date on Valentine’s Day) 🙃

I read that lots of people question if they have some condition they are concerned about. This thread is about the process for how I found out.

Happy Friday!

I don't know much about tests for diagnosis, but taking account my own experience I would't put that much trust in such tests.
I was misdiagnosed once due to such test.I was clinically depressed in the Army, however according to some test I was "fine".Mayb e I was ok in terms of responsible behaviour or something but that test failed to find depression.And probably the opposite is also likely, and other issues.
So I wouldn't advise anybody to be diagnosed on such tests alone.That's my private view.And it shoulkd be noted that proper diagnosis is a very important issue.Misdiagnosis and inapropriate treatment may ruin sb's life.

Alladyn1919

T

TooMuchPain

Well I guess I get to post in just about every forum on this site. I do not have the energy for anything at all right now. It looks like its gonna take at least a few more hours to complete the diagnosis. At one hour a week I guess I'll have a better picture in another month or two.

The most depressing part was the computer generated response to my test claimed I have BPD but that I might be exaggerating my issues and things are not as bad as they seem.

I'm in my 40s and I have made every effort I can to hide my pain from the outside world because why... The world constantly makes me aware my pain isn't real. Ironic a computer can diagnose me with BPD and then tell me i'm faking it.

megirl

megirl

I would be very cautious with tests,as not everyone fits in a box
Us humans are unique and things can be overlooked,misjudged
I know for many people and like myself who can put a mask on and minimise things it can take some time to come to a correct diagnonis
My pdoc suspected I may have bipolar it wasn't until the third time she saw me over a four week period that the diagnosis was made.
So indeed just be cautious tests can be indicative but it takes a professional to come to the correct diagnosis