• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how i am declaring war on my bi polar lol

T

triple x

well i have told the psycholgist where to go she was drudging up stuff that i had already sorted out. i didnt need it. even if it was only the assesment someone hu needed it more than me can have that slot.

i am making lifestyle changes stopping smoking no more take aways getting my self healthier not drinking not that i drink much though and sorting out my sleep. and continue what i am doing with my meds and follow what i am told

S

skyblue

well i have told the psycholgist where to go she was drudging up stuff that i had already sorted out. i didnt need it. even if it was only the assesment someone hu needed it more than me can have that slot.

i am making lifestyle changes stopping smoking no more take aways getting my self healthier not drinking not that i drink much though and sorting out my sleep. and continue what i am doing with my meds and follow what i am told
When I was first diagnosed after having to stay in hospital for 4 months, then receiving treatment with the Pyschiatrist after that for afew months, I too started to feel very well and did exactly the same as you. I discharged myself and said I no longer needed any help because I too felt asthough they were bringing up unneccesary past history.
But that was a mistake, I have now learnt. I think you need to be careful. I can understand you wanting to get away from all the medics etc and have had enough,.. but you don't know what could happen in the future.

I had another major episode last year resulting in hospitalisation again and had to go back to square one, with medications, new doctors and therapists.

Now, I'm taking some good medication that works for me and I'm feeling very well and like you facing Bipolar head on with keeping well and healthy by sticking to my meds, exercising regulary, eating heathily, am now T-Total and I make sure I get regular natural sleep. But I will never discharge myself again because I know I need that place and help just incase. It may seem asthough I'm being pessimistic, but I know I'm being realistic because of how this illness, Bipolar works.

I don't know whether it's because of Bipolar or whether it's because of the break down I had afew years ago, but I'm unable to handle much stress at all. Stress is a huge trigger for me, and if I feel I'm starting to not cope, I try and nip it in the bud and talk to a therapist in the MHT and Psychiatrist if need be. It's good knowing there will always be somebody to talk to, this helps prevent any relapse.

Your place is important, try not to underestimate that.

Be careful in what you decide to do.

Happy days :flowers:x

S

skyblue

I have just realised that you were talking about the Psychologist not the Psychiatrist - d'oh Lol !

I can totally relate to that, I too have needed to stop seeing my Psychologist, for those exact reasons. I felt like they were stopping me from moving forward.

Try and keep with the MHT though :).

Good luck in keeping well, you're doing the very best things. :flowers:

Last edited:
T

triple x

no i am not fed up with the pstcharist or the lithium clinic just the other too lol