• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How/have you rebuilt your life post-diagnosis?

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

I am talking about mainly being able to rebuild your relationships with other people, and integrate with your local community and beat the isolation. It can also mean work/volunteering or whatever you do with your time to get fulfilment.

N

NadineAnn

I am talking about mainly being able to rebuild your relationships with other people, and integrate with your local community and beat the isolation. It can also mean work/volunteering or whatever you do with your time to get fulfilment.
I'd like to know too....

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

1. I've realigned my expectations in life. Contrary to the Western mindset, I don't think having a romantic relationship, spouse or kids is necessary for living a fulfilling life. (Of course, I may be proved to be dead wrong about this.)

2. My only current social interactions are with immediate family and members of this forum. (This may not improve in the near future but I'm not one who craves social interaction anyway.)

3. Giving advice to people on this forum gives me a sense of purpose.

4. I occasionally write in a private journal not just to improve my writing skills but as an outlet to vent.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
LORD BURT This person I am is just a vessel to get through this life. Schizophrenia Forum 29
L how much has your life been improved since you've went on an antipsychotic? Schizophrenia Forum 17
T My life Schizophrenia Forum 17
T How likely is it that the TV will talk about someone's life? Schizophrenia Forum 42
T My Life Needs Dates! Schizophrenia Forum 8
L What’s life Schizophrenia Forum 24
R i wonder about life happy ever after Schizophrenia Forum 4
T Even though my life is hell... Schizophrenia Forum 11
THE MANDALORIAN Cycles in life; mentally. Schizophrenia Forum 1
THE MANDALORIAN The more negativity you remove from your life Schizophrenia Forum 1
AlwaysinCrown Can be schizophrenia caused by things that happen in my life? Schizophrenia Forum 5
THE MANDALORIAN Let Me Share A Life Lesson With You All Schizophrenia Forum 1
F anybody here studying and doing well in life despite having schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 14
TheEagle15 Im sad because of the way my life is, schizophrenic? Schizophrenia Forum 11
L What do you want out of life? Schizophrenia Forum 21
Micsodi Help please, what consequences are there of early pension - paranoid schizophrenia - in the work-field +any information about handicap papers for life Schizophrenia Forum 5
P Kicking life in the teeth Schizophrenia Forum 3
K what life lessons has sz taught you Schizophrenia Forum 38
K does a schizophrenic have a vocation in life Schizophrenia Forum 6
LORD BURT Not fussed about life anymore? Schizophrenia Forum 16
S Lost in life Schizophrenia Forum 10
blog15 way of life allighned with? Schizophrenia Forum 0
R 60 years of a wasted life Schizophrenia Forum 2
T Farewell.. I wont post here anymore. Schizophrenia Forum 9
GhostOfLenin Delete a post Schizophrenia Forum 9
T Dear diary(another post) Schizophrenia Forum 46
T Schizophrenia treatment post #2 Schizophrenia Forum 1
T Schizophrenia treatment post #1 Schizophrenia Forum 0