How fast..

C

Curiousk2019

My therapist has me mood tracking and marking myself on a bipolar point system from -5 to +5. I find that my moods jump frequently. I may be kind of low for a couple days and then shoot up to +3 and hang around there for a few days. Just wondering if anyone else is like this too? I'm not diagnosed yet though.

C

Curiousk2019

Sounds like a mixed episode.
Usually I have like 3 to 5 months of severe depression and then I shoot up sky high and do all kinds of things I shouldn't along with some regular mood in between.

C

Coolname

My therapist has me mood tracking and marking myself on a bipolar point system from -5 to +5. I find that my moods jump frequently. I may be kind of low for a couple days and then shoot up to +3 and hang around there for a few days. Just wondering if anyone else is like this too? I'm not diagnosed yet though.
Hi

My moods jump up and down like that. I can suddenly switch from positive and hopeful one day to waking up the next and seeing death as the only thing worth aiming for but I have no reason to think I am bipolar. I am sure you or someone else here will correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that each up or down is usually long duration with bipolar, the ups incredibly up and the downs incredibly down.

C

Curiousk2019

Hi

My moods jump up and down like that. I can suddenly switch from positive and hopeful one day to waking up the next and seeing death as the only thing worth aiming for but I have no reason to think I am bipolar. I am sure you or someone else here will correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that each up or down is usually long duration with bipolar, the ups incredibly up and the downs incredibly down.
That's usually how it is for me except this time around.

J

Jules5

I have used a mood scale before I seemed to have stayed at a negative 2 and then slowly go up to a positive 2. It was need measuring my moods I had forgotten all about until your post. I would say I am at positive 1 right now.

C

Curiousk2019

I have used a mood scale before I seemed to have stayed at a negative 2 and then slowly go up to a positive 2. It was need measuring my moods I had forgotten all about until your post. I would say I am at positive 1 right now.
Yeah I kind of like to do it. I like to see the trend of it. When he first told me about it I didn't want to do anything like that but if it helps with a diagnosis when I see the psychiatrist then so be it.

M

MissyMaude

I am not bipolar but seeing it from the outside, my bestie can have very frequent changes like that with her bipolar. Normally they are longer periods of time but definitely isn’t unusual for her to have frequent changes in her mood.

E

EstherRose94

Hi

Yeah the ups and downs last months in bipolar. I switch within hours or days too idk exactly what that would be. I’m only formally diagnosed with generalized anxiety but I def have those mood swings too.

E

EstherRose94

So do you rate your mood once a day? Morning or night?

C

Curiousk2019

So do you rate your mood once a day? Morning or night?
I do it at the end of the day with the mood scale. But then i write down my moods with explaination on another paper. I'm usually going through months of depression and then 2-3 months feeling way too good. But this year has been weird.

E

EstherRose94

Okay. Yeah I mean I will typically change pretty drastically at least once during the day. Mornings would look awful, evenings would be good. Accurate rating would have to be somewhere in the middle for me.

E

EstherRose94

Has anything big changed this year?

C

Curiousk2019

Has anything big changed this year?
Nope. Not that I can think of. My appointment is Wednesday and I think I'll finally be able to make psychiatrist appointment. They needed a list of all meds I've been on over the past 5 years for depression that didn't work from my pcp. So those have been sent. I'm hoping I'll get in soon and see what's going on.

E

EstherRose94

Best of luck to get it all straightened out!

B

BpTyrant

For me it seems to be largely dependent on how my life is going

If a few bad things happen my mood usually falls into the Abyss and I get depressed

When things start going very good my mood spikes and I feel amazing until something happens to ruin my mood again, or it just fades off to a boring middle

I have never bothered tracking it or anything like that

C

Curiousk2019

For me it seems to be largely dependent on how my life is going

If a few bad things happen my mood usually falls into the Abyss and I get depressed

When things start going very good my mood spikes and I feel amazing until something happens to ruin my mood again, or it just fades off to a boring middle

I have never bothered tracking it or anything like that
They're making me track mine so the psychiatrist and therapist has a better idea of what we're working with and if it's even bipolar. It's just taking forever.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Bipolar Forum 3