• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how exactly do you react while having a panic attack?

L

lonelyclove

i get asked this question everytime i say i have panic attacks and even though i try to explain that i simply dont do anything and none will ever find out im having a panic attack specially becauae i try to hide it and pretend im fine. most of the times i get paralized and i cant speak ..
how about you??

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

Mine start off in my chest like something sat on it, then my mind tunes into my body like a DAB radio and everything becomes high alert, I can then see, hear and feel my whole bodies movements from heart to twitches in my legs and arms ... I put on the kettle in pure fear and fill up my hot water bottle and lay it on my chest (have for 15 years) and then it immediately starts to draw back like the ocean from the sands .. my legs still twitch like a shitting dog, but the panic fades quickly

L

lonelyclove

Mine start off in my chest like something sat on it, then my mind tunes into my body like a DAB radio and everything becomes high alert, I can then see, hear and feel my whole bodies movements from heart to twitches in my legs and arms ... I put on the kettle in pure fear and fill up my hot water bottle and lay it on my chest (have for 15 years) and then it immediately starts to draw back like the ocean from the sands .. my legs still twitch like a shitting dog, but the panic fades quickly
oh wow how about when your not home

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

oh wow how about when your not home
Honestly, I take my bottle everywhere and have a 12v kettle if I’m caught out.

mot comes to every meeting, conference or lunch date.... I think my organs are a good medium rare to well done lol

N

Nukelavee

I think they are saying the warmth makes it go away, because it's soothing.

Me? being cold can trigger an attack. For me, a panic attack feels the same as having a deep chill, so, getting cold feels like an anxiety attack. I'm also "allergic" to temperature drops - I break out in hives and stuff. And I live in Canada.... sigh.

EdEd

EdEd

The times were I had a panic attack.. it seemed like I couldn't escape them... impending sense of doom or demise..till finally I thought.... so what I die... fuck it kill me then... never had one since..