how does s.a.d. make people feel/think? and can it effect their emotions/feelings so they find it hard to show them.???

L

lonely21

how does s.a.d. make people feel/think? and can it effect their emotions/feelings so they find it hard to show them.???

Can any one who has s.a.d. help me to understand how it effects them when they are down and how they think and feel please, I'm trying to understand how my boyfriend might feel so I can understand him better as he wont open up and talk to me.
Or may be any ideas on how to help him open up, as he has recently dumped me and im trying to give him some space but believe we can sort out the issues and be happy together again.
thanks

Also can i ask does s.a.d. effect their emotions or feelings towards another person, may be they find it hard to love or even say or feel these things??? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

S

SSLim

If you study the researches on SAD, one of the attributes is that those with SAD are withdrawn and not active socially. They are disinterested in family or rslationships at that time and they are depressed. tend to eat lots more of sugary food and carbohydrates and are lethargic...

T

Truso

Hey Ive just joined this site and amazed to find the first forum i read to be a damn straight description of me.
Id never heard of SAD but its how i feel most days especially in the colder months. I not interested in anything my family have to say or to be bothered with relationships, if i go out i go on my own and binge drink get my self into trouble and feel worse the next day or i think about going out then call friends and then dont turn up...OMG this is sounding like a severe case of SAD mixed with other issues but I dont have many friends i mean i have people i work with who occassionally call me out of work but noone i could turn to to talk or confide in. so my life consists of work sleep work and occasional night out on my own. The ironic thing is My job is helping disadvantaged. I will help anyone but noone will/has ever helped me when ive needed.. My family dont understand hence i cant talk to them and become disinterested in what they have to say... I have always been letdown by people i loved and therefore dont care anymore apart from the people i work with One day i think i will just go crazy but with the wrong person but so far ive held it together hence ive joined this forum hoping to let it all out on here and maybe/maybe not get some support/understanding.I suffer depression on and off and at the moment it on but i could have a few other issues my family keep telling me i have but what do they know they are still living in the dark ages when dyslexia was that you were stupid and thick... thats me for 2nite sorry guys bit of a rant on my first visit...:panic:

J

Johns

Sad makes you feel very exhausted with no vital energy. Not interested in people or things you enjoyed. Best advice is see your gp and try to live your life doing small activities that get you through the day. Do some yoga and breathing exercises Which will lift your mood. Get as much light as you can even buying a sad lamp. Wish you all the best it always passes.

L

lisa87

I think I have SAD. I do always get very down in the winter months, especially the 2 years I've worked in a basement office!

For me it just makes me so lethargic, unsociable and just generally depressed. I do comfort eat.

I find that when I haven't exercised as much as usual it makes it worse. It's hard to get the motivation to go to the gym, but when I do I feel a lot better.