How does one clean up their reputation? (I need a fresh start)

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

There are things I wish people in my town didn't know about me. Like I have mental illnesses, and take medication. That I use to train and spar in martial arts because I am still injured and can't train anymore because of it. I have been made fun of and talked about here. People have even challenged me to fights just walking down the street. I was told from people other people talk about me. This one man knows my name and I didn't even know him! I am ashamed of how I use to behave. I am embarrassed people here know how I use to be. I can't move to a new city because I can't afford it. So I'm stuck right where I'm at. Anyway I need help. How can I clean up my reputation around here? Please let me know. Thank you. :)

:peace:

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Just be you. Try not worry what other people say or think. Try believe in you. You can't change the past and thats gone now. Try to look forward xxx

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Just be you. Try not worry what other people say or think. Try believe in you. You can't change the past and thats gone now. Try to look forward xxx
Thank you ScardCat. :hug: I just hope I can get a job in the future, a man, and friends. I don't want to get purposely injured in the other martial arts gym here if I train again. I am concerned about safety, employment, and relationships! :panic: :cry2:

burt tomato

burt tomato

Don't worry so much. Try to focus on your life, and make a plan. Start small and build up momentum. Keep going and don't worry about the haters!!!

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Don't worry so much. Try to focus on your life, and make a plan. Start small and build up momentum. Keep going and don't worry about the haters!!!
Thank you BurtTomato! :p I have a lot of haters! :redface: I'll just try to better myself then.

S

saynow

you should behave that reflect what wanna people know about you
i think this is only way

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

you should behave that reflect what wanna people know about you
i think this is only way
Thank you Saynow. :D I need to quit being such a weird freak. I need to be more friendly and outgoing. I will do that. I hope it works.

R

rose25

You're not a 'weird freak', you're suffering with mental illness and that's okay. It's a difficult thing to go through and often at times it's difficult to accept that it changes your behaviour... I've been dealing with it for years! 😂 But I definitely agree that you should just be yourself ☺️ And work towards maybe moving if the people around you don't understand what you are going through/are toxic. Look after yourself ☺️ X

Kerome

Kerome

My advice would be, do good things for the community. For example if there is a soup kitchen or a place where you can volunteer. Participate in village fairs, see if you can help out. Let people know you've changed and are turning a new leaf. Those kinds of things will get people talking about you in a good way.