• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

how does it make you feel buying on a high

M

magicman2002

Well been to my councillor and she was saying how does it feel when I was high and buying these things just wanted to know what other people would answer for this

megirl

megirl

Oh god at the moment i have been like gazing at the jewerlery pamphlet that came in the post like i so want to buy something but just about get jittery thinking about it i feel like a kid in a lolly shop.
I have stayed away from the city this year we live in a town like to buses to city a day with inconveniant times but i have taken the bus in but not bought anything on impulse.
But that buzz one of the jewerlery stores i often go to navigate to me show me something that i most probably would love to look at then do the 'we can get you a discount on that' then the interest free loan, orthen how much i would pay a week. 10 bucks doesnt seem a lot but then i end up getting more jewerlery another loan and the weekly payments end up being about 30 bucks a wek and it certainly all adds up.
I arent ever going to that shop ever again its ok to go to the jewerllery stores that arent chain stores where they get comission they will be friendly and leave you alone. May come over and have a chat but dont suddenly give you a close up and the 'why dont you try that on...etc etc
I have bought a few clothes in the last few weeks but nothing in the last 3 weeks done well.
But that adrenaline buzz is awesome but can get me into trouble!!

M

magicman2002

i too do get a buzz and some excitement from buying do you have bipolar

megirl

megirl

Bipolar 2 strange i was getting overwhelmed and all the signs of getting down and fatigued now its like so much energy even as i talk about the impulsive buying its like i am getting myself excited and like as if money grows on trees.
I got my hair coloured dark on top blond on ends looks quite cool then fingermails done, then the expensive shampoo and conditioner from the hairdressers which cost quite a lot of money,
and yet i still want to buy jewerlery, but i know they know me quite well and pounce on me,
My husband calls me a magpie when we shop together anything in the windows thats bright pretty or anything with any type of sparkles drawers me in like a magnet lol

M

magicman2002

haha yes im bipolar 2 too and i do get excited with the thought of buying things but when i get them in then not really interested in the item. I have been to see my councler today and they talked to my psychiatrist to lower one of my antidepressants to try and stop this high from coming on but im not sure its going to work. Ive not slept much in the last few days and its now nearly 1 in the morning and im still up haha

megirl

megirl

Thats a bugger the not sleeping thing. Me too not been sleeping much, lack of interest in food lots of energy when i stop i feel so tired so keeping busy keeps me going at the moment i enjoy being like this but i always get the agitation if any sort of pressure gets thrown my way. Sometimes i feel like telling people to shut/fuck off people that interrupt my thought patterns

K

Katss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yes adore, love get a massive high and go on with the buzz from buying, shopping,:innocent::love: planning and buying and shopping, more rushing and galavanting whizzing in shops, get carried away on a high from high land and look for more and more stuff, the lights the shining trinkets to the gorgeous packaging and flimsy dresses..... high heels, fancy packaging and boxes. Now the internet shopping is even worse.... its the same buzz eyes zoned in on the wonderous stuff imploring 'buy me', 'buy me', and all this with no monies in all monies out, then the fall out, the wreckage and nuthing but receipts and can't seem to locate find anything that was purchased? just more bloody receipts? and angry calls from the bank..... yeah great fun...

The grey tinged aftermath is not funny groo,

My overdraft is not even funny, an will probably get more...

megirl

megirl

I have never really been interested in internet shopping maybe a good thing. I think i just dont feel confident in doing this.
Just checked my credit card balance not so good. But have a good plan in place (only thought it up several minutes ago LOL) I feel like i need to go buy pressies but i am doing some truffles and fudge cake, for a few people and a couple of xmas cakes. However its probably still cost me a bit in doing this but i know people will enjoy some home baking.

Not too sure what the aftermath will be in relation to the high but am sure i should be fine