• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How does it feel to say it out loud for the first time?

K

KittyCat92

I feel like the glimmers of hope are disappearing. I don’t feel happy.

I feel like I’m almost done. Just clinging on by a thread.

How does it feel when you first say that out loud to someone? Does it really make a difference? Does it suddenly feel a bit of a relief? Does it help to say it out loud?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I don't know.

I don't feel i need hope, i don't think i need to be happy, i am hoping for ok.

Has anything happened you can put in to words?
Or is it just how you feel?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Do you have a cat?

Between the cat and the medication, and coffee! and the changing seasons, i get by.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

How does it feel when you first say that out loud to someone? Does it really make a difference? Does it suddenly feel a bit of a relief? Does it help to say it out loud?
Hi Kitty, to say what outloud? That you are depressed or feeling suicidal?
I have not said the later to anyone.
When I try to explain that I am not feeling well, no one is hearing what I am trying to communicate.

Nate

Nate

To verbally express a pain in my opinion takes power out of the pain.

C

charlieblack5

Do you have a cat?

Between the cat and the medication, and coffee! and the changing seasons, i get by.
Oh my god, my cat has been a life saver. Having someone to care for and to feed and to have the occasional cuddle (on her terms!) my life would definitely be a sadder place without my little cat certainly.

K

KittyCat92

I don't know.

I don't feel i need hope, i don't think i need to be happy, i am hoping for ok.

Has anything happened you can put in to words?
Or is it just how you feel?
I was feeling okay and I was feeling hopeful but it’s just dwindling away. Like it was too good to be true. Perhaps I should of known that by now.

K

KittyCat92

Hi Kitty, to say what outloud? That you are depressed or feeling suicidal?
I have not said the later to anyone.
When I try to explain that I am not feeling well, no one is hearing what I am trying to communicate.
To say both really. Everyone all goes on about talking. Speaking out, reaching out, telling someone how you truly feel. I was just wondering if it really does provide that relief and helpful feeling or do you just feel the exact same?

K

KittyCat92

Oh my god, my cat has been a life saver. Having someone to care for and to feed and to have the occasional cuddle (on her terms!) my life would definitely be a sadder place without my little cat certainly.
Yess.. this!! I relate to this so much. My cat is my literal baby!! There was a point a few months back where she was seriously ill that we honestly thought she wouldn’t survive but she’s still here now! She’s getting older, she has kidney disease, some days I feel like I have to keep a closer eye on her and it breaks my heart so much that she won’t be here forever. I honestly don’t think I would be here without her ❤😢

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

To say both really. Everyone all goes on about talking. Speaking out, reaching out, telling someone how you truly feel. I was just wondering if it really does provide that relief and helpful feeling or do you just feel the exact same?
I haven't felt better, but it is because the people I am talking to, sort of tell me things I will be okay or I got this before I even said much of what I am feeling.
Also I mentioned a bit of how I was feeling to a school counselor. That was a mistake. Didn't help me

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@KittyCat92, I find it helpful even if it's only typing it up on the forums, I used to repress a lot of emotions and internalise them as a teenager because of my mum and step dad. I often wonder if schizophrenia is an accurate diagnosis I feel I'm probably a quiet borderline with psychotic features, but then again I'm 51 and schizophrenia looks good on the disability claim form.

K

KittyCat92

I haven't felt better, but it is because the people I am talking to, sort of tell me things I will be okay or I got this before I even said much of what I am feeling.
Also I mentioned a bit of how I was feeling to a school counselor. That was a mistake. Didn't help me
That’s the awful part about it, the people you’re supposed to trust and turn to are the ones that can really let you down. Then they wonder why we don’t talk about how we’re feeling. 😔 I’m sorry that’s how it turned out for you, I wish I knew the answers to make it better ❤

K

KittyCat92

@KittyCat92, I find it helpful even if it's only typing it up on the forums, I used to repress a lot of emotions and internalise them as a teenager because of my mum and step dad. I often wonder if schizophrenia is an accurate diagnosis I feel I'm probably a quiet borderline with psychotic features, but then again I'm 51 and schizophrenia looks good on the disability claim form.
❤ I feel I relate partly to this. I’ve only just started to really realise how much of my problems are stemming from my childhood. Bottling it all up, packing it away in a box and pretending it doesn’t exist!

However I’m not finding typing it the same as speaking the words out loud. I just don’t know if it’s really the helpful thing it’s painted out to be!

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

❤ I feel I relate partly to this. I’ve only just started to really realise how much of my problems are stemming from my childhood. Bottling it all up, packing it away in a box and pretending it doesn’t exist!

However I’m not finding typing it the same as speaking the words out loud. I just don’t know if it’s really the helpful thing it’s painted out to be!
Writing things here have been helpful for me, but I haven't been able to talk at home.