How does it feel, to feel secure and safe?

outoforder

outoforder

Anyone also feel brittle/fragile all the time? I feel so easy to break- all the time. A simple insult from someone, a simple change in life. Chaos.

I am working with a company which hires ppl from the whole world. They move here to work. I really cannot understand how then can just leave their homes and families and work in a totally new country, without problems. I would have collapsed/broken down totally. I cannot manage changes and I get easily disrupted and unsure.

I try mindfulness and how to deal with all this, and I have also attended DBT for one year. I try to just look at the fear, the brittleness without any judgement. But I get panic attacks so easily and when they come, they take over. I cannot watch my panic attack without judgement, I just want it to go away no matter what.

Can you relate?
How do you handle being "fragile"?
How does "normal" people think about f.eg. moving and such? How can they cope? How does it feel to "be secure"?

I can add that I am born and raised by a narcissistic mother and an autistic father. I have never felt secured. Bullied in school, forgotten at home. But now I am 33, have a great job and a boyfriend since 8 years. Am I not supposed to feel secure and safe now?! :cry2: . People tell me "oh you just have to get to know yourself, then you will feel safe". Yeah, right. I don't even know who I am to start with. I try to get to know myself but I am so easily influenced by others - all the time. It's driving me insane. I do not want isolation or living by my self to be the only solution to get to know myself...

Best regards to you all and thanks :goodluck:

Last edited:
BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Ive had 50 years of being Highly Sensitive but the genetic lottery also made me as Tough as an Old Boot.

How does it feel to feel so fragile you could snap in two?

Normal. That's how it feels. :(

outoforder

outoforder

Oh nice to hear.
I am tough as Piglet :/ Scared of everything. Anxiety for everything.

You mean it's normal to feel constantly insecure and fragile?
How can all other people work and function when f.eg. moving?

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Oh nice to hear.

sorry but I didn't promise to have any answers.

How do I function? I don't. Most of the time. Its all about %

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Oh nice to hear.

Piglet was ALWAYS my favorite.