• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How does admission happen

J

Jassy1981

Hi iv been living with ed for many yrs i got better a 2 urs ago but relapsed in dec, now my weight and bmi is in the danger zone is what iv been told, 6 weeks ago i was told they are going for admission and its a 6 to 8 week wait, iv tryed my hardest to gain weight so i dont have to go in but anna my otherside is to much for me to fight and she gets the better of me every time, so every time i get weighed im lower every week but today she says we are done forms for admission,so then i thought u sed that every week for 6 weeks is it that they put me on a list then forms go in when i do because im hoping they aint actually done the admission and i still have 8 weeks to try and help myself,but im scared to as my thoughts and feeling are alot worse and get worse

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry your struggling like this, a hospital admission might help you.
You need professional support and care.
Waiting times do vary from area to area.
Do let us know how you are.

J

Jassy1981

Hi,
I'm so sorry your struggling like this, a hospital admission might help you.
You need professional support and care.
Waiting times do vary from area to area.
Do let us know how you are.
Thank you and i will,do you no how the admission goes because they have told me week after week they are doing admission but its like have you done it or are you waiting for somthing because these forms are always being done every week, so for me to go on a list should they not send in the forms first it kind of makes me think it aint been done but i dont want to think it aint done then i get hit in a few weeks to say beds available as it has been 6 weeks since they told me, and do you no if i can take a mobile with me im really scared and anxious about all this

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I was allowed a mobile on a mental health ward, the staff have to charge them for you usually in a locked cupboard.
It could be they are assessing you each week.
I know it might seem scary, hopefully you'll feel better very soon.
Hugs

G

george81

Hi Jassy1981 I was thinking about you recently and wondering how you were getting on. I'm so sorry you are struggling and things haven't improved. I do hope you get the help you need and you are able to make progress with your help. Please keep us updated and take care x

J

Jassy1981

Hi Jassy1981 I was thinking about you recently and wondering how you were getting on. I'm so sorry you are struggling and things haven't improved. I do hope you get the help you need and you are able to make progress with your help. Please keep us updated and take care x
I sure will keep you informed and thank you for thinking of me means alot x

G

george81

How are you getting on Jaay1981? I hope you're ok and looking after yourself x

J

Jassy1981

How are you getting on Jaay1981? I hope you're ok and looking after yourself x
Im as good as can be thanx,i had app last week they said that they have now finished the admission and are waiting on a bed iv told them i dont want to go in but they said i need to as the outpatients aint helping me as im constantly losing weight and said im in the verry high risk at the moment im am trying so hard like i always do but nothing seems to work anna is to strong for me they said,and sed its because my head aint in the right place or summet sometimes i just think they are worrying about nothing because i feel fine i dont feel ill,and tbh sometimes i dont think i need inpatient and they can give the place to sombody more worthy of it x

G

george81

Jassy1981 thank you for your reply and it's nice to hear from you. I'm so sorry you don't feel worthy of treatment, you really are worthy and people are clearly worried about you and want to help you get to a point where you are ready to start helping yourself. It's hard to think about breaking the grip of the thoughts you have and the way your behaviour and thoughts around food are at the moment. I can see how you are struggling with that grip as I am slipping into it now, I also don't feel it's worth trying to get better as I am not worthy of being healthy either. It would be lovely to hear of you reaching a turning point and starting to see food not as the enemy but as a way of helping you reach your goals. I personally think it's based on the reasons why you restrict food, every person has their own reasons I guess. Maybe once you can understand those reasons then you can work on finding new ways of coping and increase your self worth. I know it will be hard but please please give this admission a go and keep us posted if you can, are you allowed computer/internet access in there? I'd love to hear from you and hopefully hear that you're making a breakthrough. Please look after yourself, we're all rooting for you x

J

Jassy1981

Jassy1981 thank you for your reply and it's nice to hear from you. I'm so sorry you don't feel worthy of treatment, you really are worthy and people are clearly worried about you and want to help you get to a point where you are ready to start helping yourself. It's hard to think about breaking the grip of the thoughts you have and the way your behaviour and thoughts around food are at the moment. I can see how you are struggling with that grip as I am slipping into it now, I also don't feel it's worth trying to get better as I am not worthy of being healthy either. It would be lovely to hear of you reaching a turning point and starting to see food not as the enemy but as a way of helping you reach your goals. I personally think it's based on the reasons why you restrict food, every person has their own reasons I guess. Maybe once you can understand those reasons then you can work on finding new ways of coping and increase your self worth. I know it will be hard but please please give this admission a go and keep us posted if you can, are you allowed computer/internet access in there? I'd love to hear from you and hopefully hear that you're making a breakthrough. Please look after yourself, we're all rooting for you x
Im not sure i think im aload my mobile phone i will find out all this when the time comes i will definitely keep in touch with you though thanks for all ypur kindness i appreciate it alot i really do x

G

george81

You're welcome, please do keep in touch and good luck x we're all behind you
:hug: :grouphug: