How do you think our mental health service is?

He1ena

He1ena

Founding Member
Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with the help they have recieved in South Tyneside? Do you feel you are well supported or have you had a lot of issues that you feel have not been resolved?

Let us know here!

W

wizzy

Emergency Intervention Team

Hi

Last year was very ill, I couldn't contact my CPN so, like he instructed me to do in an emergency, I contacted the above team (they may be called something different but EI is their function). I was at my lowest and my partner was already on her way back from her new job to try to console me.

I got through to the reception of the Bede Wing and the call taker was lovely and reassured me - she had obviously been well trained. However, after she told me she would try to help me, the message came back that the team were "in a meeting" and that no-one could come to the phone. I insisted that I was in a desperate state and that I had to speak to someone and I was told that someone would get back to me.

A short time later, a female called me back and with a tone of someone who couldn't be arsed, told me that I would have to get in contact with my own CPN as he knewme best and that really there was nothing they could do for me.

Thanks for absolutely nothing South Tyneside Mental Health Team.

K

k1ants89

Very good support system. The docters still don't know what's with me though.. Either Adhd or Aspergus. I can't tell the difference but it seems more ADHD to me. More moods are more on that level if I'm honest. I've been referred to someone else immediately. New meds coming. I'm quiet happy with it since I moved here.

K

k1ants89

I'm having the same problem. I got a new CPN/Social Worker now and she sounds nice. The other docters just twaddled to themselves and talked all the time. How is this helping me when I need to know what's wrong with me? Awful as that sounds.

K

k1ants89

The care system here is awesome but there needs to be better administration or docters than that..

K

k1ants89

I got a good care worker now. He's great. Thinking of getting privately tested for autism as it's taking a long time to get anywhere.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

mental health help where I live does not even exist ..........

mental health help? what is that exactly?

sighs ...............