• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

how do you stop blasphemous thoughts from intruding into your mind

K

karl7

blasphemous thoughts keep coming into my mind. I DO NOT WANT THEM......but they intrude into my mind. Sometimes they are vile sometimes mild, but i want them to stop. How do i do this. I do not want blasphemous thoughts.

N

natalie

Hi Karl17,

By bhlashermous thouights, if you might mean intrusive thoughts, I do understand, the best way forward to help you with this I'll suggest that you book a telephone call via your GP/P-Doc, explain the problematic symtons, and they should be able to assess you, and write up suitable medication to surpress these thoughts. We at MHF, cannot possibly diagnose or prognose you, the GP or PDoc are the best people for this.

K

karl7

im already on 800mg of quetiapine and 20mg of olanzapine and it doesnt stop them....what am i to do

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I'm guessing these thoughts are intrusive. I get them too. Just acknowledge that they are intrusive and let that thought go. Thoughts are just thoughts and they can pass away like moving clouds. Having intrusive thoughts does not make you a bad person, they are just random thoughts that pop in your head.

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Yea , the intrusive thoughts are something you have to move past.. try not to make these thoughts your main focus.. embrace negativity and move on.

fazza

fazza

It seems for some the more you think about intrusive thoughts the more thoughts you have.
Let them come and let them go.
I may be being a little Presumptions here but I am guessing your religious beliefs are important to you.
Remember if you believe in your heart that you are a good person then nobody will judge you. Not even the big guy upstairs.
Sometimes these thoughts will pass on their own but in order to help them on their way you must let go of them.