How do you stay Motivated not to Self Harm?

L

Lensle45

An article I read gave me a merciful, positive way to look at myself after I mess up and self harm after I've been trying really hard not to. I like trying to see myself in a different light that doesn't leave my feeling so down and depressed. Cuz I'm not perfect but I try.

Are there other things that you all come across that inspire you to keep going? Please share! :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Lensle45: as for staying motivated: things like music and anime/movie scenes can motivate me but also wanting to help others, make friends and make my own family. These things also motivate me. I don't self harm but I have some depression and OCD and an addiction. So despite all that, I can be motivated to do good for myself and others :)

Last edited by a moderator:
messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am motivated not to as I hate covering it up for the gym and I don't like my daughter seeing it too. I haven't self harmed for about 6 months now :)

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I am motivated not to as I hate covering it up for the gym and I don't like my daughter seeing it too. I haven't self harmed for about 6 months now :)
Congrats, that's a great milestone to achieve :)

L

Lensle45

6 months is a long time! Way to go, Messymoo :)

R

Rolandrat

That's amazing that you've managed 6 months, I take my hat off to you. I'm having big battles and I'm terrified of my 14year old daughter finding out, spent all of last summer covered up and uncomfortable but just can't stop

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Justafriend95 Self Harm Forum 18