How do you Relieve stress

Tixbut

Tixbut

Hi everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well πŸ™‚
I have bipolar and extremely bad anxiety. I stress about everything, every minute of the day and now it is making me sick eg getting infections.
I was wondering how you destress and relax Or even shut your mind off for a while during the day. I do meditation but theres only so much of that i can stand. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 😊

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

Hi there, I'm OK thanks, I had terrible anxiety for several years, I never thought it would subside, but it can & it does, believe me, it hit a peak in 2006, but from Jan 2007 it started to subside, it still affects me, but ironically I'm now looking forward to a better life than one in which I never even had anxiety in the first place.

No meds can do it, there is something called the Linden Method, which I did buy & helped me a lot, but mostly what I found most helpful was to look at my inner strength to overcome my anxiety issues, plus intense positive thinking & learning about assertive behaviour, it can take a lot of patience, but these things all work.

Tixbut

Tixbut

Thank you so much for posting your experienceπŸ™‚. What is the Linden method,Is it a book? And with the assertive behaviour how did you learn that? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just so ready for this anxiety and stress to be over. Again thanks for posting!

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

The Linden Method is a book & CD combination set aimed at eliminating disturbing thoughts & anxious behaviour, & it is very good, there is a website about it thelindenmethod.co.uk.

For 6 maybe 7 years about year 2000 to early 2007, I can honestly say I'd never felt so scared in my entire life, but I started to remind myself that it was just a feeling, & I started to assertively explain to people friends/family that the reason I was the way I was for years is because I was feeling really scared, & then things started to turn out OK.

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

It's not just that though, it can be things like finding something that's fascinating - like watching documentaries -, &/or watching comedies.

O

OCDguy

For me it's relaxing in bed and sleeping, or if something in particular is stressing me, I try and work through it till I come up with a resolution/solution...

stability

stability

i bet for me destressing is all about listening to music,talking to my girlfriend about life issues:)driving my motorbike and sometimes speeding on the highway,going to rave and other musical gigs,drinking some beer or heavier stuff in moderation,i am not into meditation or yoga but more in psychology,everything we do in our life is based on psychology and philosophy as well..i do love flowers,positive attitudes,pleasure...so not too much stress in my life really...if it happens...I try to get rid of it as quickly as possible..i like to feel chipper/upbeat..oh...and i do love cats,dogs..and tattoos(ahah)

O

OCDguy

I sense a philosophy theme going on there ;) I think speeding is generally frowned upon and shouldn't be encouraged ;) You sound like someone generally in control of their life :) if so may I ask why the Mental Health Forum :)

stability

stability

@OCDguy==true...philosophy in life is or can be very important,speeding =a kick of adrenaline...
I got 3 road penalties for speeding with my Suzuki AN400...it should be done safely and under full controle,but over here in my country there are speed limits all over going from 30/50,70/
120kms/hour:LOL:your last question=why i am here on this forum?not curiousity perhaps but more a general interest how people lead there life,go through problems and try to cope with it..and i have been there once as well...I am not an angel,neither a devil...I reckon i got a bit insight in life and..if i can help someone...i will do it...:)

Tixbut

Tixbut

The Linden Method is a book & CD combination set aimed at eliminating disturbing thoughts & anxious behaviour, & it is very good, there is a website about it thelindenmethod.co.uk.

For 6 maybe 7 years about year 2000 to early 2007, I can honestly say I'd never felt so scared in my entire life, but I started to remind myself that it was just a feeling, & I started to assertively explain to people friends/family that the reason I was the way I was for years is because I was feeling really scared, & then things started to turn out OK.
So glad to hear your doing ok and letting the people you love know what your going through must of helped so much. I will definately check out the linden method. Thanks for sharing it has given me hope that i can get through this.😊

Tixbut

Tixbut

For me it's relaxing in bed and sleeping, or if something in particular is stressing me, I try and work through it till I come up with a resolution/solution...
I have to admit i love bed too haha.
When your working through things how do you do it? I write lists but do you have another way? Otherwise my mind just keeps going over and over it. Thanks for posting 😊

Tixbut

Tixbut

i bet for me destressing is all about listening to music,talking to my girlfriend about life issues:)driving my motorbike and sometimes speeding on the highway,going to rave and other musical gigs,drinking some beer or heavier stuff in moderation,i am not into meditation or yoga but more in psychology,everything we do in our life is based on psychology and philosophy as well..i do love flowers,positive attitudes,pleasure...so not too much stress in my life really...if it happens...I try to get rid of it as quickly as possible..i like to feel chipper/upbeat..oh...and i do love cats,dogs..and tattoos(ahah)
Sounds awesome!...I am planning to start getting back into happier things soon (once my head stops spinning). I'm a geek so d&d is where its at haha. Oh and definately gotta love animals haha thanks for the post 😁

O

OCDguy

Generally it's through process of elimination. Firstly the why's? From this I understand the problem, then weigh up the options, until I come to what I deem the most sensible/best solution/answer. Somethings are easier than others :)

O

OCDguy

If you are suffering stress and/or anxiety seek second and maybe third opinions before contemplating life changing situations

Tixbut

Tixbut

Generally it's through process of elimination. Firstly the why's? From this I understand the problem, then weigh up the options, until I come to what I deem the most sensible/best solution/answer. Somethings are easier than others :)
That makes a lot of sense... I'll definitely give it a go! Thanks πŸ˜€