• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How do you react to a Narcissists bullying?

MollyBloom

MollyBloom

@
Yeah I mentioned this before and it met with a bit of resistance but I have met so many nasticists that I can't help feeling they got autism too. My roommate is one and exhibits all the sensory symptoms what autistics have. Another reason why they have zero capacity to feel empathy.

Narcissists hate being laughed at but you don't need to provoke them that far. Subtle piss-taking works for me and the beauty of it is that you don't need to say anything. My favorite is tbe gormless expression with mouth half open. The nasticist does not know how to take it. They are very bad at understanding body language in general
i am afraid I have to disagree and I think you don‘t understand the pathogenesis of certain psychiatric conditions. People with autism have emotions and empathy. They can actually have a lot of empathy but they don’t know how to show it. What people with autism can’t do or have difficulties to do, is recognising emotions of others. Because of that they seem to react without empathy but as a matter of fact they don’t know how to react because it is difficult to read other people’s emotions. They may look unempathic but they aren’t.

People with NPD don’t have empathy but they can read other people’s emotions very well and exploit it. Autism and NPD are almost each other’s opposites.

Racer

Racer

i use to have patience, now i respond with violence, not the best way , but the only way i know how

Racer

Racer

I'm sorry, i was drinking, and should not have said that. can i delete that post? i would like to say something helpful, but i really am not good at it. i hope you have a good day !

tophat7483

tophat7483

I'm sorry, i was drinking, and should not have said that. can i delete that post? i would like to say something helpful, but i really am not good at it. i hope you have a good day !
I'm a bit late, but how are you holding up? I hope all is well.

A

AppleJacks999

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I mean how do you react when a Narcissist is being a constant bully to you?
What can you do to lessen the blow?
My NPD brother verbally abuses me every minute.
For many reasons I can’t get into it now, I can’t just ignore him completely.
I deal with people who would go through my line at work like this. I just act extra nice, and really interested until it disarms them. They give up. Kill them with kindness.

Of course it may be different if you are living with one.

S

Selfhealing

I mean how do you react when a Narcissist is being a constant bully to you?
What can you do to lessen the blow?
My NPD brother verbally abuses me every minute.
For many reasons I can’t get into it now, I can’t just ignore him completely.
I think my Dad was a narc or maybe ASPD
I was being verbally bullied by one recently, over a bloke.
I felt embarrassed as she seemed to try to goad me into being petty with her.
I wanted to deal with her verbally using eloquence and grace, - instead I lost it and took her head off verbally.
She continued to wind me up, I ignore her.
I try to give off a conscious vibe for her to stay away from me, she came close to my friends today, I gave off that vibe with the intention of having her not talk to me, she ignored me - result 👍
It's more difficult in the home.
Can you explore options to move out away from him.
They are vampires, literature is littered with them.
Don't be the supply he needs, life force energy, he wants that, don't give him it.
Get away if you an asap.

GretaVon

GretaVon

This is a very cut and dry issue:

1. No-Contact: cut all ties with the individual.

If 1 is not feasible then:

2. Grey-Rock: Show no emotion in any responses you give to the individual and use as few words as possible. Don't initiate any interaction if at all avoidable.

Amazingly

Amazingly

This is a very cut and dry issue:

1. No-Contact: cut all ties with the individual.

If 1 is not feasible then:

2. Grey-Rock: Show no emotion in any responses you give to the individual and use as few words as possible. Don't initiate any interaction if at all avoidable.
I cannot make no contact because he’s my brother but I’ve been going grey rock with him and it’s affecting him, I can tell.
But it’s working.
Thanks @GretaVon

C

Comorbidity

Battering them used to work brilliantly until I was a young teen and became a physically very big and powerful individual, it stopped numerous of them from ever even thinking about trying it again with me - Narcissists really don't like a good old fashioned physical beat down

C

Comorbidity

My narcissistic brother, 4 years older than me, used to bully my other brother and I for years, including physically at times, when I was 18 he started on my other brother, I told him to stop in no uncertain terms, he tried to start on me, I absolutely poleaxed him with a single punch, knocked him clean out and when he came around after a few seconds and tried to get up, his legs were completely gone and do you know what, he never ever tried it again.

S

Selfhealing

You can't talk to a narc
Luckily I now live alone.
I know a narc, she sat outside the coffee shop, right near my friend, to make us feel uncomfortable, as she used to fancy him but it was a case of unrequited love.
She told the group except him they were an item, had his photo on her phone wallpaper.
He eventually asked her why she was sat there, she made excuses that our other friend wanted her there, this friend had gone off shopping and my friend said "She is not here, please leave"
She got aggressive.
I said "She is not here, so in the meantime, please leave"
She started to make fun of my self harm.
I taunted her.
My friend got annoyed with her.
We eventually moved to another table, not ruling out the fact she would follow us.
She didnt Thank God, but she was talking to the coffee shop manager.
In september, I unfortunately played into her hand, she'd been bullying me and I took her head off verbally which she liked.
Anyway, something creative came of it, I wish I was a good storyteller, I thought she would make a rich character for a story so I got home and wrote, basing a character on her.
The story is called Les Adventures of Mademoiselle Malicieux.