• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do you move forward when you feel like your lifes behind you...

OddsocksUK

OddsocksUK

I dont really know how to word a lot of this.. Much less do i quite know what im hoping to achieve but here goes. I feel like Im in a hole or more like a crater that it isnt possible to get out of..
I have no real friends. The few i have i feel like the second option, they only want to know when they need me n no ones there in return. Ontop of that i just dont feel like anyone would understand. I feel 100% alone with my problems and I wish i had someone to talk to whod understand. I guess theres not much point typing details unless this proves not to be a waste of time.. But as i said in the title, I feel like i had everything. I was happy. And now what i had I cant get back. Ever. And i feel like nothing will ever make me happy again. ive done things id always wanted to do, Pass my driving test for example. I dont enjoy driving its just empty like everything else i try to enjoy. Im stuck in a situation i dont wanna be in. I live in a dump, I have debt and my heads too bad right now to get off my ass and work, im too scared of the social implications. Im gaining weight and have even low confidence than i already did in part because im too scared to go anywhere without my car as an escape route. the main problem revolving around the past that i cant go back too is one of the biggest causes of how i feel and i really wish i had someone whod listen and understand. Im completely lost :( Im not suicidal, but i do question what the point is anymore. I just feel like im doomed to an empty lonely existence where my dreams have came and been lost and theres nothing ahead of me but time and I can feel myself becoming more and more of a shell of the person i use to be daily.. Im 25 so looks like its gonna be a long haul ...

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello Oddsocks and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you are feeling so alone and in such despair. You will find a lot of us on here relate to you. You will find a lot of support on here.

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

Hi, in my case, I'm learned to not try be happy, cause as faster I run to that 'happiness' as further it is from me. I don't know details about your problems, but It seems to me, maybe I'm wrong, that in your case, It would be good to find another goal to do (you mentioned about driving test). All the magic is in doing something, even it seems to be small and without any sense. I'm similar old as you, and for me, my time of life, all of that what is forward me seems so long as well... I'm always talk to myself "so, lets life still dude, just for curiosity what will happen hah". Cheers

OddsocksUK

OddsocksUK

Thanks for the replies people.. Im not sure if there is a way too on here but if anyone would be willing to talk to me about stuff Id really appreciate it, And im a good listener too so it goes both ways..

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If you go to the correct section on the forum then you can open a thread with more detail. You will get more response there. :)

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

Also if you only want you can write me message. Honestly I say, I'm not always responsing fast, but If I do, I do it carefully.

P

Prycejosh1987

I just feel like im doomed to an empty lonely existence where my dreams have came and been lost and theres nothing ahead of me but time and I can feel myself becoming more and more of a shell of the person i use to be daily.. Im 25 so looks like its gonna be a long haul ...
Every good situation and circumstance is surrounded by negativity. The best thing to do is focus on what you want take advantage of the good, and repel the negative outlook, etc. It seems you are becoming depressed. Desires are outlooks, passion and drive comes from within. Work on them my the best of luck.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Hello OddsocksUk, how are you today? I relate to a lot you said. You can come here and find support. You know some people are not deserving of our friendship, their loss. 🌹

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Your lucky because your still young. You have your life ahead of you and the chance to make your dreams happen. I wish I could go back to my younger years and start over. I don't know though if I would do anything differently.

I

I_Was_Punished

i can relate to the OP. I feel like i've done and tried everything i wanted to do and now that i have there is nothing left to do. I am also young but i don't feel like there is anything more for me to do, i'm already tired and done with it all. It's happened to me far too early in my life and that's the scary thing about it. I wish i was 80 and feeling like this and it wouldn't be so bad.

OddsocksUK

OddsocksUK

Your lucky because your still young. You have your life ahead of you and the chance to make your dreams happen. I wish I could go back to my younger years and start over. I don't know though if I would do anything differently.
Thats the problem,I feel like i had my dream and now its gone n i cant get it back..

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Thats the problem,I feel like i had my dream and now its gone n i cant get it back..
You can don't wait I did and will never be what I wanted to be. Only have regrets now time goes by so fast.