• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do you know you are schizophrenic?

F

fluffpill

ACCOUNT CLOSED
when you start doing and believing bizarre things you know you're schizophrenic. in my schizophrenia episodes i had bizarre behaviour and i lacked insight too to some extent. i thought i was fine but i was doing bizarre things that i wanted to stop but i just couldn't stop. also i had mild delusions/paranoia/suspiciousness and believed everything around me was connected to me somehow.

vangoghs

vangoghs

I had very bizarre delusions. I have had and still have hallucinations. My thinking can still be quite strange, but it is not as disordered as earlier in my illness most of the time.

I have experienced psychosis.

K

karl7

it took me about 5 yrs to finally realise what i was experiencing was in fact sz.....it takes time to get insight but meds can help hurry that process

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
it took me about 5 yrs to finally realise what i was experiencing was in fact sz.....it takes time to get insight but meds can help hurry that process
Oh wow. That's a long time, but better late than never.

T

toto

It's easier for me when I think of myself as a child who knows the world and different types of thinking. This saves me from the realization that I was stupid and joined a sect. When I tell myself that no one is gave birth to a scientist ... I somehow belittle the stupidity during psychosis and allow myself to develop. Accept that when you don't sleep, you hallucinate, whether you like it or not.

N

natalie

I had assessments, and tests, and the pshychartrist confirmed, in the results that i lean towards moer szchiophrenia, and lesser to the bipolar. So I have always had special interests and particularly through forummembers also, szchiophrenia, and heard voices a reas of mental h ealth. Another factor, ack, in 2007, I was placed annoyingly, preferably just as well, onto Abilify, and since 2012, allowing to kick in and work, I take 25ml. Overall far the best dose for me.

Ras

Ras

took me being hospitalized 3 times for several months at a time to even start listening to them about actually having schizophrenia and what i was experiencing wasn't real. I still dont know if i really believe them but i guess it is the most logical thing compared to the alternative

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I went off meds for a year. I was in agony and saw a psychiatrist who diagnosed me on sight

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I had a breakdown initially- the cops and ambulance were involved.

I guess a dramatic entrance to the world of mental health is necessary for schizophrenia

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had a breakdown initially- the cops and ambulance were involved.

I guess a dramatic entrance to the world of mental health is necessary for schizophrenia
At least you aren't broadcasted on TV. Delusion or not, this shit is scary.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Can't you look the symptoms up on the internet?🙄