• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do you hear your voices?

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

When you hear voices, where do they sound like they are coming from?
Mine often would start when I would turn on my spaceheater. They have also been around in the silence, usually they project a visual hallucination to go along wiith the voices so they tend to come out of whereever that may be.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I have triggers- mental and physical. When anxious and stressed, I quickly start hearing voices. Some sounds also cause my voices e.g. The sound of the kettle boiling or very loud places. I find that a bit strange.

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

It's something to do with the sounds you're hearing.. when I was working I bought earmuffs , and it didnt change anything.. of course the ear muffs didnt block the constant noise of the machinery.. just the loud sounds.. but I still heard the voices.. so when we hear sounds the voices may seem like they mix into the sound..wherever your sound focus is..is generally where they seem like they're originating from.. but it all has to do with what you're hearing.. or where your focus is..

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
At the moment I only hear my voice in my mind where my own thoughts would be.

Before medication I could hear him in my ears as if someone was in the room with me and in the vibrations of things in or around me.

L

Lab rat

A while ago, I went to bed, got undressed and sat down, this little voice said “hello” it came from my stomach. I thought wtf? Then it said “hello” again. I just went to sleep, did not fancy having a conversation with my stomach.

But that’s typical for me, the voices always come from SOMETHING

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

The fans. Or ventilation shafts.

My acoustic hallucinations come from those two things only.

I am a 911 survivor. Its scarred me for life.

I remember the ventilation chambers vividly. Most vivid element for me.

The thoughts of war after both towers fell.

L

Lab rat

Electronics and portable devices are the bane of my life! People on mobiles are particularly bad, I can hear part of half the conversation and it all seems related to me in some fashion. I don’t even use the laptop anymore after my little trip into the dark net.

I can be alone in the house in one room, and voices always come from the next room.

There’s more too, but that’s for another time.

It’s nothing I’m not used to, but it’s AMAZING what you can get used to!

You have access to the dark net? Could you possible copy and paste some of the information regarding telepathy and hearing voices to me in private message please? I dont have the resources to look on the dark net myself.

I would love to know what information lies in the outer reaches of the net.

L

Lab rat

You have access to the dark net? Could you possible copy and paste some of the information regarding telepathy and hearing voices to me in private message please? I dont have the resources to look on the dark net myself.
I don’t have the software anymore, I got into trouble using it. All you need do is download tor software from the tor project, easily found online. Or use Freenet, either of which are only a google away! It’s up to you if you use a vpn, but if you’re only surfing harmless info it’s not really necessary. Safe travels

I've tried downloading onion and it didnt work so well , did not want to connect worth anything.

L

Lab rat

I've tried downloading onion and it didnt work so well , did not want to connect worth anything.
That unfortunately is true, it’s as slow as shit, but that’s the way it was designed :-(

Terrible I have zero patience. I can wait three hours for a page to download.. I'll just read it from the saved archives instead.