• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How do you handle low episodes?

K

KittyN

I have been having these episodes since I can remember and It's hard to cope. I try hot baths, showers...music. But when they get really bad I can't do anything but cry or overthink and my ocd just makes me think of the worst things over and over and over.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

I have bipolar disorder and OCD as well, and I tend to ruminate a lot about past trauma/abuse/mishaps. Try going for a walk at least once a day and when you do, try not to think about anything. Rather, focus on the present; pay attention to your surroundings and sounds. This may seem boring at first but over time you'll see your mood improve.

K

KittyN

I have bipolar disorder and OCD as well, and I tend to ruminate a lot about past trauma/abuse/mishaps. Try going for a walk at least once a day and when you do, try not to think about anything. Rather, focus on the present; pay attention to your surroundings and sounds. This may seem boring at first but over time you'll see your mood improve.
Thank you, There have been times I have gone for walks and they help me alot

D

DL1

do you work ? i find that spending too much time alone triggers my low moods.
i also medicate with Lithium and setraline 100 mg which i find lifts my mood. Your low mood might be triggered by something else that s bothering you. I hope your moods aren't like mine feeling suicidal , worthless and helpless. !!
i am now recovered back to work and feeling a part of society, with the help of my medication.
its imperative not to isolate . Remember life is for enjoying not for suffering !!!